heart Cubo 15

13 years 3 months ago #10706 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Cubo 15
nice job smiley20 what paint u used

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #10707 by PatricJ
Replied by PatricJ on topic Cubo 15

t.geessounds wrote: nice job smiley20 what paint u used

It's a total scam, but it works great! I bought a gallon of the do-it-yourself truck bed liner. It's called "Herculiner". I rolled on two coats and there you go! I still have a half gallon left for the next cabinet. Oh, sorry- I meant 1.89 liters :lol:
Once it's dry it's kind of rubbery, so it probably dampens the resonances a little bit.
Killed some brain cells on that paint job, no doubt :-D

13 years 3 months ago #10808 by EdC
Replied by EdC on topic Cubo 15
Finally getting the box build for the Beyma speaker -- I took some liberties to modify the baffle braces - mainly since the top center piece would interfere with the top pole mount and the rear speaker input plate - and have lots of MDF lying around - thought this may also beef up the box internal support. I do wonder if this will have an effect on the performance, dividing the chamber into thirds, basically - but without the original design to compare against, may not know -- I do, however, give kudos to the efficient design by Cubo to only use one sheet of material - although the extended would send me to the scrap pile anyway.

We are about 90% done at this point - pondering outside finishes, edge protection (MDF is not very robust when you wack the corner edge!) I will post some final pictures and hopefully have results to tell once the speaker is "live"[attachment=13:tg5y9upr]<!-- ia13 -->IMG_7475.jpg<!-- ia13 -->[/attachment:tg5y9upr]

I may have attached these in reverse order...
Attachments:

13 years 3 months ago #10809 by DICE033
Replied by DICE033 on topic Cubo 15
Ok my turn, btw Cubo absolutely amazing 'customer service' answering all of these questions. 1st Question, I am from America and of course I only know my inches and feet by heart, any chance you have plans that way (not a big deal but a time saver)2nd Question, I would like to use one of my Rockford Fosgate DVC 15 inch subs. QTS .33VAS 8.79X-Max 11mmOnly issue I came across was the FS of the driver is 21hz. If I can use the extended verison with better results, is there a better diagram I was a bit confused with how to extend it!My email is DICE033 at AOL.com

13 years 3 months ago #10810 by bee

13 years 2 months ago #10828 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@PatricJ: That construction looks good! I've been wondering now for ages though, how on Earth do you carry that Cubo?!? The handle placement seems a bit awkward, or isn't it?

@Ed: Good thinking using two, like the rounded bracing too. Technically (by using two instead of one) you've reduced a bit of horn volume (less horn = less output) and created extra area of friction. On the other hand you have stiffened the cabinet, (= more output by a change) so I doubt any of us will hear a difference.

Don't know if you were going to, but you could reduce some more horn volume by placing the braces on both sides of the mouth. Well, stiffening it up. Rounding of the edges with a router (radius about 6 - 9 mm) will reduce the MDF's sensitvty to damage by a great amount.

@DICE033: Only issue I came across is that Rockford didn't state the Sd, BL, Cms, Rms (no not the power handling), Mmd or Mms ;) So I had to guess Sd and couldn't really check back at the other parameters. The response looks a bit, well...unusual. A lot of 63 Hz output with 400 Watts (about the max) and in need of a 80- 100 Hz low pass. It might actually need some tempering at 63 hz by 3 dB orso to get it relatively flat.

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 2 months ago #10831 by DICE033
Replied by DICE033 on topic Cubo 15
Thanks for the reply, This is the link to the manual, maybe that will be a bit of a help: www.rockfordfosgate.com/library/manuals/dvc-woofers-man.pdfWay back when I was into car audio, I was able to squeeze 144.4db out of one of those, using about 250watts in a sealed box. 63hz is pretty good freq. to have a lot of output, right? I am a mobile DJ now and would like to replace my current 12" inch subwoofers with one of these (and later one a second identical one) Thanks again!

13 years 2 months ago #10838 by PatricJ
Replied by PatricJ on topic Cubo 15
Thanks Cubo and tgees smiley20

If I flip the whole contraption upside- down then it's pretty easy to carry, It lets me keep my arms close to my body and at about a 45 degree angle, and the bottom edge (the top edge if it's sitting on the ground regularly) kind of wedges in at my hip joints. It works pretty well and I'm able to hold it tight against my body. Since the driver is firing into the cabinet, all that weight from the magnet is a little closer to my body as well- and that makes it a little easier on the back.

Ed- I like those braces- they look c l e a n!! smiley32

13 years 2 months ago #10840 by jee
Replied by jee on topic Cubo 15
what is the best between kappalite 3015 or the kappa 15lf pro ? with around 200watt in a room

13 years 2 months ago #10843 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Cubo 15

DICE033 wrote: Ok my turn, btw Cubo absolutely amazing 'customer service' answering all of these questions. 1st Question, I am from America and of course I only know my inches and feet by heart, any chance you have plans that way (not a big deal but a time saver)2nd Question, I would like to use one of my Rockford Fosgate DVC 15 inch subs. QTS .33VAS 8.79X-Max 11mmOnly issue I came across was the FS of the driver is 21hz. If I can use the extended verison with better results, is there a better diagram I was a bit confused with how to extend it!My email is DICE033 at AOL.com

same here i only know inches an feet too but u can do wat i did buy a mm tape its the bast way to go smiley2