Cubo 15

More
13 years 7 months ago #9505 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15

i must say im a little confused. i had assumed that a 500W speaker should be powered by a 500W amp, excuse my if that seems a novice statement but really im a bit lost

The power handling stated is the electrical power handling, how much power the driver can take without frying. The mechanical power handling is related to the Xmax and Xmech. Usually the Xmax is used to derive this. A speaker with 10000 Watts of powerhandling and 1 mm Xmax is about as useful as a 1 W speaker with 10000 mm Xmax. More expensive drivers will therefore have both increased Xmax and power handling.

In your case the driver will be mechanically limited before it's electrically limited (at low frequencies).

@Musa: Has been send to you.

Regards Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9509 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
I have two pairs of these cabs now 1 pair with eminence delta pro 18a's and the other pair have eminence Kappa 15 Lfa's. I have driven them with Berry EP2500's and they sounded ok until i ran them with a Matrix xp3000h amp's they are amazing, I still use my berry FBQ6200 graphic and use the limiter at low cut 40hZ ish and the high cut at 22Khz. The sound from the cubos are outstanding considering i've used eminence drivers. I am hoping to build more cabs but using PDN.15SB40's and this should match my PDN.12MH25's.

Thanks Cubo for these cabs. smiley20

More
13 years 7 months ago #9527 by rish
Replied by rish on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo. great design. loving these cabinets. will the beyma 15g450n work in these cabinets. I have 4 of them and looking to put them to use.
Rish

More
13 years 7 months ago #9554 by Cubo15
The Beyma 15G450/N is an excellent driver for this design, it will be efficient and handle quite some power. Cubo 15 extended with a 40 HP is adviseable. Like the low Le 2.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 6 months ago #9948 by n8dat8
Replied by n8dat8 on topic Cubo 15
Do you think the Cubo 15 would work well with a 15" Peavey Black Widow?

More
13 years 6 months ago #9960 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
A peavey black widow will fry very quickly in A cubo. There are much better drivers out there for less money than a black widow. Fanes are really good budget drivers at the minute. Or eminence Kappa, Delta Pro etc.

I used black widows for about 15 years in their original cabs and I only ever had one fail on me. But, these drivers are only good for bass reflex cabs IMHO.

It would be a waste of money to try your black widows. smiley20

More
13 years 6 months ago #9971 by nirdlac18_r1
Replied by nirdlac18_r1 on topic Cubo 15
can i use peavey black widow 15"

More
13 years 6 months ago #9972 by nirdlac18_r1
Replied by nirdlac18_r1 on topic Cubo 15
where can i get passive network crossover of cubo15,aldrin frm philippinesnirdlac18_r1@yahoo.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #9979 by heiser
Replied by heiser on topic Cubo 15
hello. first of all, excuse my bad english. i took a look at the extended version of cubo 15. is it simply 15cm deeper than the normal version? means the horn mouth is longer and the chamber volume a bit bigger? so the sheet in the normal version which is 44.9cm must be longer then, right? i've six achenbach sub 15 with the following speakers: jbl 2226h, sammi sound sr-15aw-400g, rcf l15p200-ak, beyma 15g400 and beyma 15g40. do you think it's worth the upgrade and build six cubo15's instead? thank you in advance. heiser

More
13 years 6 months ago #9980 by Cubo15
There are quite a few different types of the 15" Black Widow. Only the Black Widow 1505-8DT and 1505-4DT have a large enough Xmax to sustain 350-500 W with a suitable (40 Hz plus) high pass filter. The other models are not advised. Cubo 15 Extended is recommended but both Standard and Extended will work.

I would advise you to get an active filter. Passive filters can be found online (I think Beyma has some in their assortiment) or they can be calculated and build if you can get the parts. Passive filters that can handle the power aquired for PA are usually quite large, weighing many lbs/kilo's and therefore costly.

i took a look at the extended version of cubo 15. is it simply 15cm deeper than the normal version? means the horn mouth is longer and the chamber volume a bit bigger?

Cubo Extended has the exact same outer dinmensions as Cubo Standard. The difference is that it has a panel added at the beginning of the horn, extending the horn path and making the chamber a bit smaller. From the outside it's not possible to tell the difference between Cubo Standard and Extended (as the horn path is extended).

i've six achenbach sub 15. do you think it's worth the upgrade and build six cubo15's instead?

That depends:

The Achenbach is a basreflex cabinet meaning it can be crossed higher but has lower sensitivty and a lower SPL-max. If you need to cross higher then 110 Hz, Cubo 15 might not be a good idea (usually crossed between 80 - 125 Hz). If you aim at maximum output (larger capacity) I do think it's a good choice.

Best regards

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds