heart Cubo 15

13 years 10 months ago #8722 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Yes it does in Cubo 15 Extended.

Best regards

Cubo15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #8725 by soundjon
Replied by soundjon on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo,
I was wondering if there`s a maximum number of these cabs I can build? In the long term I`d like 12 or maybe 18 of them, I really like the portabilility of them (back not so good with old age).
Also is there any benefit to different stacking arrangements of multiple cabs?
At the moment mine is loaded with Kappa LF, and I use a 40hz high pass filter, and cross over to my mid tops at about 90hz. I like the sound but I`m wondering if there`s a better driver you know about that will go a few hz lower.
again, thanks for the design
John

13 years 10 months ago #8737 by Cubo15
Let me think about that for a while (in the mean time build as many as you'd need). However if you build a stack of 6 or more you're hereby ordered to post a pic, unless your build quality is really crappy.

There isn't a driver that will get you any real lower response. However you could V-plate 2 cabinets in order to make Cubo 15 go lower. A stack of 4 x Cubo 15, V-plated, 2 by 2 (two high) will get you response near 30 Hz. It's recommended to use a driver with a higher excursion capability in such case (around 9 mm stated by the manufacturer would generally do it).

Nowaday's quite a few neodymium 15's excist that should be better for your back then the Kappa 15LF while performing better aswell.

Best regards

Cubo15

13 years 10 months ago #8749 by guest
Replied by guest on topic Cubo 15
Hi i would really like the Cubo 15, 15 extendet and 18 plans. they look like just the think i need. could you email them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. i', a dane so i would prefer the plans with the metrik systemCheers Casper

13 years 10 months ago #8763 by Cubo15
Here some pics from Tim in the Netherlands who is building 4 at the moment.

Build:

File Attachment:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Results:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Dolly:

File Attachment:

Best regards

Cubo 15

13 years 9 months ago #8826 by ajcsound
Replied by ajcsound on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo,
I have just obtained two Omega Pro 15 drivers, one needs reconing, which is being done at the moment, the other is fine. Would they work well with the Cubo 15 cab?

Best
ajcsound

13 years 9 months ago #8827 by Cubo15
Hi Andrew,

The Omega Pro 15 will work well in both Cubo 15 Standard and Cubo 15 Extended, still Extended is advised. Good luck with reconing, that Cubo 15 may prevent the need to recone ever again ;)

Best regards

Cubo

13 years 9 months ago #8866 by styla247
Replied by styla247 on topic Cubo 15
Hello Cozy pillow your pics are great and very usfull. I have a few questions tho,1. Where did you get those handles from i think there great.2. What crosover/plug unit is that on the back of the units it looks interesting.cheers

13 years 9 months ago #8912 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
Hi Nick sorry I could not get back to you earlier. These handles are excellent. they are from Adam Hall. The Cross overs are eminence PXB range but they have stopped making these I believe. The only reason I used these is bacause I will be selling these on to a friend. I don't use passive crossovers normally as they don't work as well as an active crossover. I will have a Behringer Cx2310 for sale probably in early July if you are interested P.M. me?

I have some handles also if you are interested? they are a 2 peice handle with the insert acting as an air tight seal. I had to use a 146mm hole saw to cut the shape needed to make it fit perfectly. Then I routered the shape of the outer handle and rebated the wood by the depth of the handle.

Hope this helps, smiley20