heart Cubo 15

9 years 5 months ago #7877 by nrpinc
Replied by nrpinc on topic Cubo 15
One small question, which way is the driver suppose to be mounted? You have 2pics, one with the 3 boxes and the cubo15 is in the middle, the driver fires out and the other pic shows the driver firing into the box. Just a little confused to which way the driver is supposed to be mounted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7901 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Putting the driver with the magnet inside the chamber makes the chamber volume a bit smaller, while enlarging the horn area in front of the driver. Both effects by themselves (more so combined) mean that the low frequency output is decreased a bit, while the sensitivty and maximum output are increased. Putting the driver with the magnet in the horn path makes the frequency response a bit rougher but gives more low frequency output (or at least the appearance).

The original idea behind that possibility, was that Cubo 15 is supposed to be suited to almost any 15" (bass/midbass) driver out there. Low Qes/Qts driver ussually prefer a smaller chamber whilst medium Qes/Qts drivers like a bit more chamber volume.

Regards

Cubo15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7902 by sonicxtasy
Replied by sonicxtasy on topic Cubo 15
I love the simple design and I just happen to have 8 B&C 15PZB40's looking for some bass duty. Can you show a plot of a single and of a group of 4? Also if I was to build them as a 2 X 15 how would I place them for best coupling? Thanks,

Here is a link to the specs

http://www.bcspeakers.com/PDF/PRD/125.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7910 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
These are 1 (2,0 pi) and 4 times (0,5 pi) the 15 PZB40 with 700 Wrms each (Cubo 15 extended version):

Note that the peaks will be a bit more flat/ rounder and the low end will be extended (up till 10 Hz lower actually).

Utilizing a 40 Hz high pass (12-24 dB/octave) they could handle a bit more (1000 W a piece should do).

Personally I would make a double version with the mouth's combined with a single panel in between (it could be left away perhaps). I can post some configurations if you'd like. The commercial version will be also available as a double, yet R&D will start within 3 months orso.

Regards

Cubo15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7916 by CORTas
Replied by CORTas on topic Cubo 15
What is the frequency difference between the plan "Cubo 7" and "Cubo 15 fits all"? I pray for a quick response. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7917 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Cubo 15 (= 7, gotta rename that pic ;) ) has been in use for quite some time now and has proven itself in combat, so to speak. Playing around with different horn lengths always measured (only) a tiny improvement in flatting the frequency response whilst highly increasing the difficulty of construction (increasing the amount of angled cuts) and panels. Believe it or not, it took me a few months to come up up with this particular idea, utilising a single panel, no angled or weird cuts, not blocking the magnet vent, allowing for deep drivers, etc. The HR-sims are also quite easily matched with the (more precise configured) AkAbak sims.

The extended version simulates and measures flatter for ~70% of the drivers tested, ussually also found a nicer shaped impedance plot. The other 30% prefers the non-extended form (i.e the Delta Pro 18).

Up till now I have recommended the more complex extended Cubo 15 (with angled cuts) were needed (via mail).

Regards

Cubo15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7918 by CORTas
Replied by CORTas on topic Cubo 15

Cubo15 wrote: Cubo 15 (= 7, gotta rename that pic ;) ) has been in use for quite some time now and has proven itself in combat, so to speak. Playing around with different horn lengths always measured (only) a tiny improvement in flatting the frequency response whilst highly increasing the difficulty of construction (increasing the amount of angled cuts) and panels. Believe it or not, it took me a few months to come up up with this particular idea, utilising a single panel, no angled or weird cuts, not blocking the magnet vent, allowing for deep drivers, etc. The HR-sims are also quite easily matched with the (more precise configured) AkAbak sims.

The extended version simulates and measures flatter for ~70% of the drivers tested, ussually also found a nicer shaped impedance plot. The other 30% prefers the non-extended form (i.e the Delta Pro 18).

Up till now I have recommended the more complex extended Cubo 15 (with angled cuts) were needed (via mail).

Regards

Cubo15

Can you, please, send the plan and the extended version? kljajicb@inecco.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7938 by gavaets
Replied by gavaets on topic Cubo 15
build the cube 15 for home. tomorrow will test. woofer is JBL LE14a.could you send me the extended version too?This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7941 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Cubo 15
would like the extended version if you got the time sir.
twelvechances07@yahoo.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7965 by sonicxtasy
Replied by sonicxtasy on topic Cubo 15
Can I get the extended version too???

sonicxtasy@yahoo.com

Thanks smiley1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum