Cubo 15

More
13 years 1 month ago #11862 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 15

COZY PILLOW wrote: Arnold Eminence Kappa 15LF's work really well in the extended Cubo. You can also use the Kappa Pro 15LF's the later I believe is 500watts and the American Standard kappa is 600watts.

I've also used Delta Pro 18's in the Cubo 18. So I am sure the Delta pro 15 will do as well. smiley20

smiley20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #11892 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
Thanks BEE.

BTW, these cabs need top hats or you need to strap your mid tops to the Cubo's as you won't believe how much air they shift. I have quite heavy mid tops and I have to strap them to the Cubo's because of the virbration.

The Cubo's themselves don't move but whats on top does.

They really are an outstanding cabs for big or small, indoor or outdoor venues.

And as Mr Cubo says if you V plate them in fours they go down to 30Hz ish.

More
13 years 1 month ago #11895 by jalou1995
Replied by jalou1995 on topic Cubo 15
hey cubo thanks for the design can you send me the extended version of cubo 15 my email: rommelljayorquiza@gmail.com

More
13 years 1 month ago #11896 by COZY PILLOW
Hi Jay. If you look at the plans section here:
www.freespeakerplans.com/cubo-15q.html
you will find the sketch of the extended version just below the cut list.

It shows where the extension panel sits and gives the size too.

Hope that helps?

More
13 years 1 month ago #11915 by jalou1995
ok jim thanks, i was a little confused on the diagram, just have to add the 18 x 58.4 on the inside smiley20

More
13 years 1 month ago #11917 by COZY PILLOW
yes Jay, it extends the horn length and would sit directly above the cone of the driver. Remember that the driver is fitted so that you see the magnet from the front of the cab. it also allows you to take the driver in and out easily.

hope you enjoy building them they really are great cabs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #11943 by
Replied by on topic Cubo 15
Hi,could you check wheter this driver would work or not and tell me if the extended version would perform better with it? cgi.ebay.de/Kenford-PA-38cm-15-4Ohm-Subw...item2eb3547795Thanks in advance. :) Oli

More
13 years 1 month ago #11951 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
It will work best in Cubo 15 Extended. It looks like it's an OK driver for 300 W-ish (with 40 Hz high pass). Let's hope it's not deceiving.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 1 month ago #11953 by jalou1995
hey cubo, can i put the magnet inside the cabinet (magnet is not visible) in the extended version. i want a natural and smoother sounding low than a boomy one but with a higher spl output. thanks again and more power :-D

More
13 years 1 month ago #12008 by mooreman
Replied by mooreman on topic Cubo 15
Heya guys, I'm hoping to build 2 of these with a pair of delta pro 15s but not sure what crossover to use? (On a tiiight budget) i was planning to use my 2 wharfedale svp15's and a 2000w amp and want to use em to play house dnb etc

I would build standard version for Delta's right? I've read this thread over and over and still not sure :S . Also would I be better to have a LPF with a HPF output on the cubo's going to the wharfedales or just play through the wharfedales with a LPF output into the Cubo's? Can't wait to start building ;D Just need to acquire all the parts! I know alot of Q's but these will last me a long time hopefully :)
Thanks in advance ;D

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds