Cubo 15

More
12 years 11 months ago #13589 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@dubagup: The Kappa 15LF is a nice driver for in Cubo 15 Extended.

The filter you linked to seems to be crossing at 250 Hz, which is much to high for a Cubo 15 (or all the other current Cubo designs). A filter around 110 - 125 Hz would be way better. If you have the abilty to go active, that's certainly the way to go. A filter that crosses at 125 Hz passively, will be large, take up half the power and waste it as heat and likely will be 12 dB/octave instead of 24 dB octave.

@Kentech: Cubo 12 is already pretty much Extended as is Cubo Sub.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13782 by DICE033
Replied by DICE033 on topic Cubo 15
Cubo, If you remember, I built an Cubo15 extended and loaded with a Rockford Fosgate subwoofer. Hits right around 124dbc on my radioshack meter, with about 300w. Has yet to fail me and is about on 100 hours of use. I have realized that the coil is sagging on it, however on my "spare" one it is sagging as well. I assume because they have been sitting for about 10 years. Anyways awesome so far :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #13939 by ThomasLund
Replied by ThomasLund on topic Cubo 15
Hi CuboI'm planning to make your Cubo15, but has not determined which driver would be the best for my budget. Would You please help me?My budget is about 200 euro +/- and I have looked at Fane Colossos and Precision Devices.I don't know which would be the most suitable or mayby another brand?I am looking forward to an answer from you.Regards

More
12 years 10 months ago #13949 by Cubo15
@Dice: That's good to hear. Do you know at what frequency the Radio Shack meter meaasures?

@Thomas: Whether it's going to be Fane or Precision Devices, I would recommend going for the beafier drivers within your budget. For instance the PD 1550 or the Fane Colossus 15XB. Other good brands amongst others (that are likely available at your country) are 18Sound, B&C, Beyma, RCF, Faital Pro.

Look for drivers with an aluminium chassis, high Xmax, medium Qts, medium Vas, VC preferably 3.5" or larger. Personally I would be happy enough if I would have to stick with either of the 2 mentioned drivers.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 10 months ago #13950 by ThomasLund
Replied by ThomasLund on topic Cubo 15
Thank You very much for Your reply.
I appreciate it very much.

Cheers

More
12 years 10 months ago #13952 by robmus
Replied by robmus on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo, I'm a new joiner to this site and seen this great design for a sub bass speaker. Could you advise me if this design would be good for EMINENCE 15" KILOMAX PRO? I have two of them.thanks in advanceRobmus

More
12 years 10 months ago #13953 by Cubo15
The Eminence Kilomax 15 Pro was a good speaker in it's time and still is. It's just that the power handling quote is a bit on the optimistic side. Motor topology suggests it's not anywhere near that. If you keep the amplifier (and the rest of your kit) well away from clipping, you could probably juice it with an 1000 W amplifier, at least justify-ing it's name.

Best used in Cubo 15 Extended though both versions will do.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 10 months ago #13954 by robmus
Replied by robmus on topic Cubo 15
Thanks Cubo,

I'm gonna look to build this in the next few weeks. Are the plans on the site/on this forum or do you send them on.

Once again, thanks :-),

More
12 years 10 months ago #13957 by kentech
Replied by kentech on topic Cubo 15

• Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #14146 by
Replied by on topic Cubo 15

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds