Cubo 15

More
13 years 3 months ago #11072 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15

I just figured where the cubo15 I have falls short, above 63hz it'd be nice to make that up.

I just recalled, that if you're using the Cubo 15 indoors, the room will have quite a bit of impact on the response. However IIRC the response was 4-5 dB down at 100 Hz as opposed to 50 Hz. If movement throughout the room doesn't alter the response it's likely driver related.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #11351 by rogerharris
Replied by rogerharris on topic Cubo 15
Anybody had any experience with these the Fane LF series ? They are budget to compete with eminence LF.

www.fane-acoustics.com/prod_details.aspx?pid=200

I have two 12" 500lf in a reflex box and they performed well over a 3 day festival and taking their maximum rating.

I may try one in a cubo 12" before i buy the 15"

More
13 years 2 months ago #11435 by Cubo15
The Fane 15-600LF is the equivalent of the Eminence Kappa 15LF, the 12-500LF will work in Cubo 12 but due to the high Qts, is not going as low as possible for that cabinet.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 2 months ago #11438 by Cubo15
The Eminence Kappa Pro isn't a bad driver, in fact it's pretty efficient, with overall good T/S-parameters. The only downfall is it's low Xmax. On low to medium power that won't be a problem, on higher power levels it can mean added distortion as the Xmax is exceeded and less predictable excursion results, luckily Xdamage is a factor 4 larger.

A high pass will really make a difference here against any low frequency material demanding high excursion. As soon as peak to peak excursion exceeds ~7 mm, you're in a grey, hazy territory.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 2 months ago #11655 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Cubo 15
Cubo,
I have a couple Electro Voice EVM15B Prolines sitting around
www.pa-anlagen.ch/Manuals/Electr ... %20EDS.pdf

Please advise on best version, and driver mounting.

Thanks,
Mike

More
13 years 2 months ago #11656 by Cubo15
Hi Mike,

The EVM 15B is an oldy that will work best in the Extended version. Because of the low-ish Xmax and small VC it won't take a pounding but with a suitable high pass filter it will find it's use in small-to medium power applications.

Xmax-output wise Magnet In Chamber would be best but most users seem to prefer Magnet In Horn.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 2 months ago #11658 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic Cubo 15
Thanks
Oldies but goodies. I have a lot of the EVM series of drivers. I actually run a 12 in one of my mth 30s. With good results.

More
13 years 1 month ago #11742 by rasto
Replied by rasto on topic Cubo 15
Hi all! I have a 15" driver Lomo Kinap 2A-20. Will it work in Cubo15, normal or extended version?

Dia = 402mm,
Height = 195mm,
T/S:
Fs = 40-45Hz
Re = 11.5 Om
Z = 15Om
Vas = 130-200dm3
Pmax = 100W (400W)
Qt = 0.35-0.45
?(pressure or smth) = 0,45 Pa

More
13 years 1 month ago #11776 by certified_dealer
Replied by certified_dealer on topic Cubo 15
hey cubo you know of any $50 woofer that would work great in this cubo 15, i wanna get 4 of these to work of this amp, www.sonicelectronix.com/item_293 ... -4000.html

More
13 years 1 month ago #11778 by jeff_brito1
Replied by jeff_brito1 on topic Cubo 15
Hi, I have 4 18sound 15w700, I can cut from 40Hz to 180Hz without exceeding the Xmax of 6.5 mm applying 625W woofer in each? what is the efficiency of the box 1w / m?

thanks

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds