Cubo 18

More
6 years 8 months ago #24028 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
Welkom met de eerste Nederlandstalige post op dit forum!

For that specific design you can best contact me (in het Nederlands) through e-mail, questionsaboutcubo at gmail dot com.

I can already tell you that the L18S800 is a nice woofer for Cubo 18 Extended and that loosing that extra cm is not a problem ;)

Best regards Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #24037 by c.stam5
Replied by c.stam5 on topic Cubo 18
Hello mr. Cubo,

Thank you for your reply! I did not know that this forum was only English so that's why I don't reply you in dutch ;).
I will send you an email to ask you for some detailed information (maybe a technical drawing :)).

Thank you very much!

More
6 years 6 months ago #24105 by Maikolmks
Replied by Maikolmks on topic Cubo 18
Hi Mr. CUBO, recently you advised me the CUBO18 Extended for my 18W1300. I wanted to ask if you can increase the size of the cabin as shown in the picture.
This way I would have more space for the tops that will go over it.
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #24109 by Maikolmks
Replied by Maikolmks on topic Cubo 18
I quickly made a drawing to explain it better
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #24111 by Cubo15
That will work, the added horn length in combination with the larger horn mouth will improve the output of the upper part of the frequency response. Say 65 Hz and up, which is right in the lane of what the 18W1300 is good at anyway..

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maikolmks

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #24149 by Popeye
Replied by Popeye on topic Cubo 18
Hi Mr. Cubo; I have two BMS 18n862 in bass reflex enclosure. I want make two Cubo18 normal or extended for the home theater system (my target is 30Hz frequency cutoff). Can I use my BMS drivers? Thanks in advance, I'm sorry for my bad english.

www.bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=18n862_thiele-small
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Popeye.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #24151 by Cubo15
Hi,

You can use the BMS 18n862 in Cubo 18 Extended but the cut off will be closer to 35 - 40 Hz. For HT I would rather use Cubo Sub instead, which will also suite the 18n862.

However, to be honest my first choice would be a 200 litre internal reflex cabinet tuned to 20 - 25 Hz (per driver). Cubo Sub will be much louder as a reflex cabinet and will do 30 Hz but to get the full benefit of the large Xmax of the driver, you might want to tune lower.

Best regards Cubo
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Cubo15.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #24221 by IainB
Replied by IainB on topic Cubo 18
Hi Mr Cubo,
Ive recently purchased a pair of Cubo 18s and have since found out that they are standard and not extended, Im intending to use a pair of Fane 18xb colossus drivers, which if I remember correctly you recommend the extended version.
Short of the long question... is it possible to add the extension after the box has been built (I know if wont be pretty) or shall I just keep it as standard and play around with the EQ.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #24223 by Cubo15
It is possible to add the Extended piece after building a Standard. It will be a bit of an operation though, so if you're happy with the sound as of now, I would think twice before fixing it. Remember that the Extended piece is an optimisation rather than a necessity, so EQ can be a viable alternative indeed.

If you have made no alterations to the large triangular bracing in any way, I would add the Extended panel in 2 parts/ pieces. One from the left wall to the bracing and one from the right wall to the bracing. I would dry-fit the pieces to make sure they're a snug fit and get all the dirt and dust from anything the glue will touch. Then using a 1-component, filling PU tix (like: www.bisonprof.nl/nl-nl/producten/715-hou.../product/312-pu-tix/ ) spread out on both the enclosure walls, as well as the pieces to be fitted. I would use something like a piece of wood (or a nail gun) to support it in it's place while drying.

Alternatively, you could take out a part of the bracing with a jigsaw, then place the Extended bit in one piece. If you add wooden corner blocks to the Extended panel, you can use short screws and glue to add it from the inside.

Best regards Cubo

More
5 years 10 months ago #24265 by Swanndog
Replied by Swanndog on topic Cubo 18
Can you advise if the Thomman the box 18/500 speaker would be a good choice for a budget option for the cubo 18 extended ?
Details here images.thomann.de/pics/atg/atgdata/docum...85008a_uk_screen.pdf

I have previously used the 18 sound 18lw2400 and was super impressed with the results when using 6 in a mono stack. I now have 8 unloaded cabs but do not have the budget for 8x 18lw2400. Would you suggest having 8x the box 18/500 loaded cubo18 would be comparable to 6 x 18lw2400 ? Or would it be better to save a little more £ and go for 6x 18lw2400 that i have had before and i know works well ? More is not always better so im led to believe
Thanks in advance

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds