Cubo 18

More
7 years 7 months ago #23514 by alsled
Replied by alsled on topic Cubo 18
So the 18 can be mounted either way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #23515 by SonicConstruction
Replied by SonicConstruction on topic Cubo 18
Hi All

I'm going to get a table saw to make the cuts of all the panels - does anyone have any recommendation of suitable saws? I was looking at a Dewalt DE743 - will this be able to cut 65CM wide panels?

ALSLED: BR = Bass reflex. As far as I know this design (or the double version) will throw further than and out perform a standard BR as its a horn design.

If you mount the driver with magnet out then it will improve bass response but won't go as high (also should help with cooling the magnet and assembly). Mounting with magnet in will allow higher frequencies which emanate directly from the front of the cone.

not the expert mind, but thought I'd answer ;)

cheers

Alan

More
7 years 7 months ago #23523 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
@Alsled: My answers would have pretty much the same outcome as the answers from SonicConstruction, with some slightly different explanations on how to reach that outcome :)

The 18XL1500 is a pretty all-round driver and most useful when you aim at sub frequency reproduction. As it's still pretty efficient you could either use it in Cubo 18 Extended or Cubo Sub but if size is an issue, or you're happy with 35 - 40 Hz and up, Cubo 18 Extended would be the best choice. Either design will leave the average ported design in the dust SPL-wise.

@SonicConstruction: Looking at a video of the DW743 on youtube, it doesn't seem to get close to 65 cm, which will make other measurements such as 58.4 cm a problem as well.

Easiest (and probably cheapest) solution would be a circular saw with a guide or have someone cut it for you. I've made my table saw basically by putting a circular saw, up-side-down on a large 18 mm Baltic birch board and adding a sliding guide on top of it (and a vacuum system from two sides but now I'm boosting ;). Also many clips on youtube on how to convert a small saw table such as the DeWalt to a large one, with wood that you can still cut on the small saw table. For a full sized professional table saw expect to pay the same as a luxurious brand new car.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: SonicConstruction

More
7 years 7 months ago #23530 by alsled
Replied by alsled on topic Cubo 18
Thanks for the replies Cubo 15 and SonicConstruction. A few more questions.

I saw a comparison between the cubo 1, 2,3 as far as out put level. The build specs that are listed I would take is the latest version?

Cubo 18 vs the extended version, I see the extra piece in the extended. What does this actually do as far as, spl, frequency responce as in how low it goes and how high it goes? Power handling and cone excursion?

I run 6 of these BR cabinets, If I build 5 double cubo 18's, how will it compare to output of 6 of my BR cabinets. Each cabinet gets a crest pro 8200 bridged, 4500 watts, thtas what I plan on putting into a double 18 Cubo. The reason for 5 vs 6, Cubo will be bigger and I can only pack 5, instead of 6 BR in my trailer.

Thanks again!
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #23538 by Cubo15
I'm not sure what comparison you're talking about?

The Extended part flattens the frequency response for a certain range of drivers. All else equal.

I think 4 double Cubo's will be a good match to 6 double reflex cabinets, meaning 5 cabinets would shift the favour into the double Cubo's.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Cubo15.

More
7 years 6 months ago #23546 by SonicConstruction
Replied by SonicConstruction on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo

Just making my template (at last)

So .. can I just confirm, the extended adds the 18CM piece, in the plan it also seems to remove the short 6cm piece at the top, is this intended?

cheers

Alan

More
7 years 6 months ago #23549 by Cubo15
You can leave the 6 cm piece in if you want (it's a bracing). Due to the 18 cm piece added in the Extended version the top panel is braced better via the triangular bracing, so the 6 cm piece has less added value here.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: SonicConstruction

More
7 years 3 months ago #23700 by innsanes
Replied by innsanes on topic Cubo 18
CUBO

I have the RCF L18p300 should i go with the extended or just the normal cubo?

THIELE/SMALL PARAMETERS
Resonance frequency:33 Hz
DC resistance:5.0Ω
Mechanical factor:8.3
Electrical factor:0.34
Total factor:0.33
BL Factor:23.5 T · m
Effective Moving Mass:180 g
Equivalent Cas air load:226 liters
Effettive piston area:0.113 m²
Max. linear excursion (mathematical):7.8 mm
Voice - coil inductance @ 1kHz:1.9 mH
Half-space efficiency:2.30%

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #23714 by Cubo15
The L18P300 works in both but if you haven't build anything yet, I would recommend building Cubo 18 Extended.

Recently someone in The Netherlands made 14 (custom designed) Cubo 18 Extended with the L18P300: s31.postimg.org/ek4uysru3/Foto_26_06_16_13_08_45.jpg Thread (with many build pics): www.new-line.nl/forum/read/?m=710476

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Cubo15.

More
7 years 3 months ago #23728 by Minister
Replied by Minister on topic Cubo 18
Hi cubo,

i have 2 B&C 18RBX100 and will buy more late,. wanted to know if it will work in a Cubo 18?

We currently own 4 DYNACORD CORUS-Evolution – Sub 1.18 which uses an EVS-18S which we really like. Initial plan was to get 4 more but cost is high. So will the B&C's in a Cubo be better than the Dynacords?

Thankyou.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds