Cubo 18

More
7 years 3 months ago #23739 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
The Sub 1.18 looks to be an 18" reflex cabinet with a rising response and a very decent sensitivity around 80 - 100 Hz but dropping quickly of below that. By the looks of it the EVS-18S has something like a 2 - 3" VC. Meaning the RBX100 might not be as impressive with just a couple hundred Watts but above 300 Watts or so it should shine, due to much lower power compression.

Cubo 18 Extended boasts a similar sensitivity around 80 - 100 Hz as the Sub 1.18 but should be much flatter below that, which you will notice with the right kind of music, if not most mainstream sound.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #23742 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Cubo 18

Cubo15 wrote: The L18P300 works in both but if you haven't build anything yet, I would recommend building Cubo 18 Extended.

Recently someone in The Netherlands made 14 (custom designed) Cubo 18 Extended with the L18P300: s31.postimg.org/ek4uysru3/Foto_26_06_16_13_08_45.jpg Thread (with many build pics): www.new-line.nl/forum/read/?m=710476

Best regards

Cubo

are these box taller than the normal cubo 18??

More
7 years 3 months ago #23744 by Knobs100
Replied by Knobs100 on topic Cubo 18
I think I can land 5 evx180b to go in my cubo18s....What is your thoughts on that speaker..

More
7 years 2 months ago #23750 by Cubo15
@t.geessounds: IIRC these are 70 x 55 x 65 cm (H x W x D).

@Knobs100: According to the pdf, the EVX-180B low-frequency transducer is designed for professional sound reinforcement or studio monitoring applications. That last bit "studio monitoring" often hints at a lack in power handling for PA and in this case it doesn't seem to be an exception. The EVX-180B are very nice drivers overall and are likely to emphasize the lower kick but how in the heck they're supposed to be 600 Watts I can't seem to grasp.

They will work best in Cubo 18 Extended, with a decent high pass at 40 -ish Hz. My initial guess would be to hook them up with 500 - 750 W amplifier, kept away from clip.

Best regards

Cubo

More
7 years 1 month ago #23833 by songatron
Replied by songatron on topic Cubo 18
I have one Cubo18 and want another. I can get hold of a Cubo18 Extended and I am wondering whether this can be my second. Now I know it won't be a perfect match but I would like to know whether it would be 'acceptable'!? Could I iron out any issues using the ultradrive?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

More
7 years 1 month ago #23834 by Cubo15
I suppose you have a Cubo Standard at the moment and want to combine it with the Cubo Extended? Are you going to use the same driver in both cabinets, or a different driver in each?

Theoretically you could iron the differences out using EQ, if you're using the same driver in each, I doubt that it will be necessary though.

Best regards

Cubo

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #23844 by t.geessounds
Good evening sir cubo
am look to build 4 double to replace 4 double 18 bassreflex...(just not happy with the output) think ill get more from a double cubo but have a little problem my my low mids are 71cm deep an 61cm width .. so can this plan be mod to be 122cm x 71cm x 61cm
thanks

Cubo15 wrote: Yeah, see below.

Best regards

Cubo

:

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #23861 by t.geessounds
Start 4 double cubo wanted them same dept of my modify Gsub that is 30" deep... Master cubo said just add the different to the front..so i did...

More
7 years 1 week ago #23867 by redtag
Replied by redtag on topic Cubo 18
Hi!

I wanna build 2 Cubo18 Extended with 18LW1400 and wonder how much amp power I need. Can someone recommend any amp? I have one QSC 1450 but I think I need more. And what Top are recommended for Cubos? And what drivers in them.. cheers!

More
7 years 1 week ago #23870 by Cubo15
@t.geessounds: Wow, that's fast and looking good at the same time! Also, you look much younger and feminine than I anticipated ;)

@redtag: You could use one 1450 bridged @8 Ohm but the power of a RMX5050 is more like it. The 1450 could then be used on some tops. A pair of decent 12"/1" tops will keep up with a pair of Cubo 18 Extended.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: redtag

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds