Cubo 18

More
7 years 2 days ago #23872 by redtag
Replied by redtag on topic Cubo 18
Thanks for the answer!

Can you recommend some plans for 12"/1" tops? It's hard to find the P audio sn12b here in Sweden som maybe some other driver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 day ago #23873 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Cubo 18

Cubo15 wrote: @t.geessounds: Wow, that's fast and looking good at the same time! Also, you look much younger and feminine than I anticipated ;)

lol that's my son ... ya he have long hair like a girl lol .. he was off from school to had him do some work..l

More
6 years 11 months ago #23880 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Cubo 18
finish them soon
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #23883 by Speaker Sol
Replied by Speaker Sol on topic Cubo 18
They look great.

I really like the look with the extra bit of horn flare. I wonder if / how that will affect the sound.

More
6 years 11 months ago #23890 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18

Can you recommend some plans for 12"/1" tops?

The F121A (or N) from B&C should keep up with 2 x Cubo 15's and includes the drivers plus crossover.

lol that's my son ... ya he have long hair like a girl lol .. he was off from school to had him do some work..

Well, building subwoofers with your bare hands is one of the manliest things a guy can do.

I wonder if / how that will affect the sound

Increasing horn length will lower tuning, increasing mouth area will increase performance (mainly at the higher end of the spectrum). These do counteract each other, adding a bit of extra overall output.

Best regards Cubo

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #23891 by Speaker Sol
Replied by Speaker Sol on topic Cubo 18

Cubo15 wrote:

I wonder if / how that will affect the sound

Increasing horn length will lower tuning, increasing mouth area will increase performance (mainly at the higher end of the spectrum). These do counteract each other, adding a bit of extra overall output.

Best regards Cubo

I'm wondering if you could use the extened part to increase the chember size and what affect that would have on the tuning and output.

But I guess at that point its no longer a Cubo.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Speaker Sol.

More
6 years 11 months ago #23894 by Cubo15
Increasing the chamber size, all else equal, will lower the tuning (more output below 50 Hz) and lower overall output, it will also increase excursion. I like to think it would be bit more like a Cubo Sub ;) In which I actually did something quite similar to increase the low end but with as little as possible loss in output.

Best regards Cubo

More
6 years 11 months ago #23900 by DJGARAM
Replied by DJGARAM on topic Cubo 18
Mr Cubo.
I would like to congratulate you for your work.
And to say that the Brazilians are adhering to their brilliant work.
There are many T18 users around here.
Many are happy, in every sense, in up grade, for Cubo18.
Congratulations, and thank you for your help.

More
6 years 11 months ago #23907 by Cubo15
Thanks! World domination is now a matter of time ;)

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: el falaaa

More
6 years 8 months ago #24025 by c.stam5
Replied by c.stam5 on topic Cubo 18
Beste meneer Cubo,

Ik ben nieuw op dit forum (dit is überhaupt het eerste forum waar ik iets post, maar ben een geoefend lezer zullen we maar zeggen ;-)) en heb met veel interesse het topic over de RCF L18P300 gevolgd waarvan 14 extended exemplaren zijn ontworpen/gemaakt. Nu is het zo dat ik enige tijd geleden 4 stuks RCF L18S800 woofers heb gekocht en wil graag hornloaded subwoofers maken als vervanging van mijn huidige basreflex kasten. De reden dat ik over wil stappen op hornloaded is dat ik zo af en toe m'n subs ook buiten wil gebruiken, en ik dit met m'n basreflexkasten niet red.

Mijn interesse gaat uit naar het speakerplan zoals gebruikt bij de L18P300 woofers omdat ik vermoed dat dit bij de L18S800 ook zal werken, alleen wil ik graag weten of het misschien mogelijk is om nóg een extra centimeter van breedte van de kast af te snoepen omdat ik dan 2 kasten naast elkaar in mijn aanhangwagen kan vervoeren.

Ik zou u dan ook willen vragen of u de instructies welke u destijds heeft gedeeld met de makers van de 14 L18P300 kasten ook met mij zou willen delen (indien dit met de L18S800 gaat werken). En misschien kunt u in het kort omschrijven hoe ik eventueel het beste die extra centimeter kwijt kan.

Alvast bedankt!

Met vriendelijke groet,

C. Stam.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds