heart Cubo 18

3 years 7 months ago #24663 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
do you no what void driver model it is. the  v1000 is the most common. A few others do exist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #24664 by Djspinback69
Replied by Djspinback69 on topic Cubo 18
It’s definitely not a V1000 it’s 15” it’s a V15-700n which is the driver out of something like a Arcline 2 x 15” not sure on the cab I used to be able to find it on Google but not now

3 years 7 months ago #24665 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
I use REW (Room EQ Wiizard) nowadays for measuring, never tried it on Mac but the OS is supported. If you haven't used the V15-700n yet, the low frequency response tends to approve in the first ~10 hours of use.

@Bee: Good to see you're still around! How's life?

Cubo

3 years 7 months ago #24666 by Djspinback69
It’s not something I’ve done before but keen to give it a go and see how they perform vs my fane reflex cabs and the fane in the Cubo’s

ive attached a couple more pics of the driver. The cone is really rigid
Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #24667 by Djspinback69
I’d also quite like to have a go at measuring the T/S parameters of them

3 years 7 months ago #24669 by Djspinback69
Found this on the internet posted on Amazon by Void. Apparently this is the driver from the Arcline x and the Basys system
Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #24671 by Cubo15
Measuring T/S-parameters is always wise, can also be done in REW if you can get it to work for you.  The V15-700n is used in a reflex and band pass bass cabinet, so that will typically mean it's either (most) suitable for Extended or Extra Extended.

3 years 7 months ago #24675 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
all good m8t, had ishues loggin in for a while, but ill try posting a bit more. Got a great free plan in the works, working along side mmj in the usa. proto should be finished in the next week.

3 years 7 months ago #24679 by Cubo15
That sounds good, are you or when will you be able to give a sneak peek?

3 years 7 months ago #24680 by Nugget
Replied by Nugget on topic Cubo 18
I am sorry for answering so late, i had holidays. Reason for the Cubo 15 ext. with bigger cutout was just that this one was already built and usable as a test cab.
I have not compared Cubo 18 to BR with the same driver, because both were measured by a friend who lives some 100 kms away from me. But i really do like my Cubo 15s with Kappa LFA. Because of the lower need of xmax, they tend to sound a little more effortless compared to BR. The other notable thing is the higher part of 2nd harmond distortion compared to 3rd, while measured BR gave more 3rd than 2nd. In my experience that leads to a "warmer" sound. Only downside is, that my Cubo 15 with Kappa LFA and the Cubo 15 ext. with Colossus both had -3db points at 47 hz which isn't too low. But it's right that they tend to "sound lower". The -3db Point on LF18N401 was about 43,5 hz btw.