Cubo 18

More
1 year 2 months ago #25031 by oskarociak
Replied by oskarociak on topic Cubo 18
Hi
would it be a good idea to put the Eminence Sigma Pro-18A-2 speaker in the cubo18 box?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #25032 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
The Sigma Pro-18A-2 is a good speaker for Cubo 18 Standard, the main two drawbacks are the lowish Xmax and the 3" voice coil. Do you use these already or are you planning to buy them?

More
1 year 2 months ago #25034 by oskarociak
Replied by oskarociak on topic Cubo 18
Thanks
I have speaker in bad reflex (90L)

More
1 year 2 months ago #25035 by DevFelix
Replied by DevFelix on topic Cubo 18
Hey Cubo,
great design!

The Gain SPL Diagram clearly shows that the case works very well together with the V18-1000.
Unfortunately, it is only available to a limited extent in my region. Is there a good alternative?

Greetings

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #25037 by Cubo15
@oskarociak: If you already have it you might as well use it, it should take similar power as in the reflex but will have more output. It does benefit from a high pass filter around 35 - 40 Hz, due to the limited Xmax.

@DevFelix: Drivers like the V18-1000 are not very common and tend to be expensive as well (large voice coil and low Qts do that to any driver). The V18-1000 was basically a cheaper alternative for the PD.1850. Non- neodymium drivers like that are a b!tch to move though, you need to be in great shape to not mind.

Where are you located?
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Cubo15.

More
1 year 2 months ago #25038 by DevFelix
Replied by DevFelix on topic Cubo 18
I understand. It was clear to me that such non-neodymium drivers would make transport considerably more difficult. However, I first wanted to weigh what is possible without paying attention to the weight.

Are there drivers that deliver similarly good results, and maybe even be neodymium-loaded in the best case?

Im located in Germany.

More
1 year 2 months ago #25039 by Cubo15
As the V18-1000 is based on the PD.1850/1, the current PD.1850/3 is probably the closest in weight and performance. The 18DS115 is neodymium and can be seen as a step up in performance but like the 18IPAL, it will need amplifiers in excess of 2000 - 3000 W per driver to really showcase their difference. Up to about 1000 - 1500 W per driver of amplifier power I would consider neodymium drivers like the LF18N401, 18NLW9400 or the 18NW100. Their Qts is a bit higher to be considered true analogs of the V18-1000 but it's still in the right ball park. While they "only" have 4" voice coils, they're of a newer generation and typically weigh less than 10 kg.

More
1 year 5 days ago #25040 by yNicoDev
Replied by yNicoDev on topic Cubo 18
Hello

Would it be a good idea to put the PDN.18BR40 speaker in the cubo18 box? I have two lying around at home...

If so, extended or normal version? I seem to remember that I quickly reached the xmax in BR

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds