Cubo 15

More
8 years 5 months ago #23059 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
My experience with horn loaded tops is that if you stack them, they will fill in the gap (in the frequency response) before they drop off. Meaning if you stack them all the time, 110 Hz as a crossover sounds decent. With six Omnitop 12's I think using kick bin's is a waste of output potential in the lower region, as those could be three more Cubo 15's

If you were to use a single Omnitop (i.e. one each side) I'do go with another bass design, probably a double 15" reflex or perhaps a tapped horn like the SS15 or THAM 15, or of course a Cubo 15 with the magnet inside the chamber.. All these designs (except the reflex) trade in a higher crossover frequency for less perceived low end. In that case a kick bin might be welcome.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #23060 by frederikvoss
Replied by frederikvoss on topic Cubo 15
Thank you Cubo.

I will go with 6 OT's and 12 cubo's.

I was wandering if you could post the frequency response diagram for cubo 15 with kappa 15lfa? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Regards Frederik

More
8 years 4 months ago #23066 by Cubo15

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #23186 by tgtiho
Replied by tgtiho on topic Cubo 15
Hi.
I hope You can help me. Have tried to send you e-mail on " qeustionsaboutCubo (a) gmail . com " but got it returned.
I am on the budget right now and don't need anything special, but I would like to try to build cubo15.
Right now I am using some behringer active speakers 400W, 2 way, 15" + tweeter for DJ-ing on some small parties, up to 100 persons.
I have vintage LEM LX220 3 way speakers 8 OHM and 220W and no amplifier.
Only the woofers seems to be alright and I was thinking to build sub boxes and put those woofers inside to use them under
those Behringer Live 315A speakers.
Now, I checked the woofer and is marked "BBC Speakers 140166" and by the red (+) connector is a small mark "8"
I am guessing it's 8 OHM but rest off it is big question mark.
I have googled for hours and can't find any info about woofers.
I have no idea how strong they are or can be, is it pointless to use them with my Behringer speakers as tops?
Or do I really need some stronger drivers and amplifier?
How to split signal from mix to passive subs and active tops?
Hope you can help.
Best Regards
Tihomir
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by tgtiho.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #23190 by willianrm
Replied by willianrm on topic Cubo 15
Good afternoon!
I asked the same question in the forum Cubo18.
William'm from Brazil, I would get the project "Cubo 15/18 Extended", have 3 drivers to use in this project, wanted to know what the most appropriate.

1 - SELENIUM 18SW3P ( www.lautsprechershop.de/pdf/selenium/selenium_18sw3p.pdf )
2 - OVERSOUND SUB800 ( www.oversound.com.br/produtos/sub-800 )
3 - OVERSOUND 18.2-600 ( www.oversound.com.br/produtos/18-2-600 )

Note: These three models have equivalent 15 "

Could send me the project in pdf? Actually still could not understand the difference between the Cube 15/18 Standard and Extended.

I want only the "CUB 15/18 Extended Project".

Note: Sorry errors in writing, I am using a translator.

Regards,
William
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by willianrm.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #23201 by Cubo15
Tgtiho: If you try "questions" instead of "qeustions" I'm sure it will work (and yes, I know, I know).

The thing with those LEM speakers is, that they are from a top cabinet, those drivers usually have limited excursion capabilities. They don't need too have much excursion as that is what bass cabinets do for them. So they can be used in a bass cabinet but are usually limited to a 300 Watts or so. Not sure about the BBC making speakers, but you could try sending B&C speakers an e-mail (they're usually pretty informative) and ask for the T/S-parameters and/or the Xmax, that would tell it all.

So yes, you can probably use them (ask for the T/S-parameters to be sure) but expect performance to be limited to a few hundred Watts and better performance from speakers designed with bass duty in mind (B&C speakers has some excellent ones).

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Cubo15.

More
8 years 2 months ago #23213 by charliemix
Replied by charliemix on topic Cubo 15
estas son mis 4 cubo 15 vercion extendida
saludos desde Rep. de Panamá..
charliemix.... dj charlie panamá.

More
8 years 1 month ago #23235 by mortentn
Replied by mortentn on topic Cubo 15
I'm building a Cubo15 where I've had to reduce the depth to 58cm, in order for it to fit in a mobile system. The height and width is still 62cm. I'm wondering whether I should reduce the length of the plate for mounting the driver, in order to keep the crossectional flow area between the back plate and this plate according to the plans?
The plans specify 16cm for this space but I of course currently have 12cm, so maybe a 4cm reduction is necessary?

I'm using the Kappa 15LFA driver.

More
8 years 1 month ago #23250 by bodmania23
Replied by bodmania23 on topic Cubo 15
I've just built x2 cubos 600w kappa and now looking for the best mid/top design to suit.

I was thinking an SMT212 but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! B)

Cheers!

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #23280 by Cubo15
@ mortentn: Reducing the plate for mounting the driver (aka the baffle) is the most elegant solution (as the influence on the performance is smallest here). It would however change the angle of the baffle against the front panel (to keep that other dimension below the baffle 20 cm), that might change it's length reduction slightly as well. Alternatively you could keep the angle the same as per plan, that would give a bit more output at the cost of a bit low end extension overall.

@ bodmania23: An SMT212 would be an option. Personally I would consider the 18Sound Kit 12, as it includes a scheme and components for the crossover needed between 12" and high driver, something you would need to design for the SMT212. A single 12" is a great match for a Cubo 15.

www.eighteensound.com/Portals/0/Enclosur...sound_12%202ways.pdf

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Cubo15.

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds