Cubo 15

More
9 years 1 month ago #22603 by lp8124
Replied by lp8124 on topic Cubo15
hi, i allmost finished today 4 cubo extended cabs. i am looking for a way to upload the photos here. so you guys can see how nice they have become. to finish the cabs i am waiting on a mail from Johan. with the last info the boxes should be finished befor this weekend! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #22604 by lp8124
Replied by lp8124 on topic Cubo15
i had 4 JBL2226 and 4 Beyma 15G450N drivers, the beyma has a little more Watts than the JBL but in the end i choose the JBL2226 because its resonance freq is 5hz lower than the beyma. And the JBL has a bigger Xmax than the Beyma. i found the missing info on the forum, so tonight they will be finished. if anyone can tell me how to upload the photos on this page i will upload them this night! :D

More
9 years 1 month ago #22609 by homebrew
Replied by homebrew on topic Cubo15
I am about to embark on my first cubo 15 extended build (2 off) and would
greatly appreciate any tips regarding screws, glue, clamping etc etc. I am reasonably confident I can make a decision went job of these excellent cabs but would love to hear from the experts :-) I intend using them for a band !!!

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #22615 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
@ Ip8124: For Cubo 15 a higher resonance frequency is better, the lowest reproduced frequency is more or less the characteristic of the cabinet, not the driver.

You can upload pictures to a hosting site like this one or use attachments from the message board itself.

@ Homebrew: n case you're using screws clamps are not needed. Screws 4.0 x 40 mm, pre-drill with a 2.5 - 3 mm drill. At least 5 cm from the edges. Use normal wood glue or poly urethane wood adhesive. Mount the drivers with bolts and t-nuts, mount/ drill before assembling the cabinet.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Cubo15.

More
9 years 1 month ago #22621 by Morte
Replied by Morte on topic Cubo15
Will it work with the B&C 15TBX100 ?

More
9 years 1 month ago #22623 by Cubo15
The 15TBX100 (heck of a driver) will work best in Cubo 15 Extra Extended. To get the plans send me an e-mail (to questionsaboutcubo.at.gmail.com)

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #22671 by urup
Replied by urup on topic Cubo15
Hello, i have been looking for building 2 Cubo 15, to use for a outdoor festivalsspeaker for this years Roskilde Festival.
And i was wondering if i can use JBL E 140-8 drivers instead of kappa drivers ( www.usspeaker.com/jbl%20e140-1.htm ) Will these be suitable?
Sensitivity, Frequency Response are both above what is recomended.
Thanks in advance :)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #22675 by Cubo15

Sensitivity, Frequency Response are both above what is recomended

Recommended by whom?

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Cubo15.

More
9 years 1 week ago #22691 by urup
Replied by urup on topic Cubo15
Recommended in your plans footnotes " drivers with EBP of 100 or higher; Fs (27-50 Hz), Qts (0.21 - 0.41), Vas (150 - 300 L) / (7.4 - 11.1 ft^3). Where EBP = Fs / Qts (strictly speaking it's Fs / Qes)"

More
9 years 1 week ago #22695 by Cubo15
You know, I would be lying if I said I saw the words sensitivity and frequency response in those sentences, so how do you?.

I see how to calculate sensitivity from those figures but it forces me to the conclusion that as long as sensitivity is between 90,3 - 104 dB/W/m, it will be fine. That kinda redirects me into the thinking that the words sensitivity and frequency response aren't in those sentences because they don't !@#$% matter.

Yes, the JBL E140 is usable in Cubo 15 Extra Extended up to a couple 100 Watts it's a good choice.

Best regards

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds