heart Cubo 15

8 years 1 week ago #23284 by bodmania23
Replied by bodmania23 on topic Cubo 15

Cubo15 wrote: @ mortentn:

@ bodmania23: An SMT212 would be an option. Personally I would consider the 18Sound Kit 12, as it includes a scheme and components for the crossover needed between 12" and high driver, something you would need to design for the SMT212. A single 12" is a great match for a Cubo 15.

www.eighteensound.com/Portals/0/Enclosur...sound_12%202ways.pdf

Best regards

Cubo

Thanks for this Cubo. Do you think one of the 18sound cabs will be able to compete stacked on top of 2 cubos or would you suggest something different?

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #23286 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
A single Kit 15 will definitely keep up with 2 Cubo 15, a single Kit 12 might, especially with bass heavy music, a single Kit 8, well, I would make a double just in case.

Best regards

Cubo

7 years 10 months ago #23374 by kr1sounds
Replied by kr1sounds on topic Cubo15
hi how will the B&C 15NDL76 perform in this? i plan to use either 2 or 4 cubos so im guessing they can go low for sub duty?

7 years 10 months ago #23376 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
The 15NDL76 is a mid bass driver that will be usable, from 40 Hz and up in Cubo 15 Extended, up to about 400 -500 W of clean amplifier power (in combination with a 40 Hz high pass). Within those limits it will give a very good performance, if you're going for more power or lower frequency response you will hit it's limits sooner rather than later. Within it's limits it's very light (weight), with a decent kick too it.

Best regards

Cubo

7 years 10 months ago #23380 by kr1sounds
Replied by kr1sounds on topic Cubo15
I'm looking for something that will give the low frequency response.. will the recommend eminence drivers perform better than the b&c?

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #23384 by Cubo15
The Kappa 15LF might give a bit more below 50 Hz, in exchange for less output where it's heard best. At this price class you're just looking at one or the other, not both. Building Cubo 18 will get you that little bit extra on top of the little bit extra of the Kappa 15LF without losing output where it matters. If you want significant output below 40 Hz don't lug around with a 40 Hz and up design, build something like Cubo Sub instead, though that would mean incorporating an 18" driver that starts around 190 quid. For 90% of music styles out there Cubo 15 will go sufficiently low enough.

Best regards

Cubo

7 years 9 months ago #23417 by panos19
Replied by panos19 on topic Cubo15
hi..it's my firts post here...
i want to build a cubo 15 sub...
the driver i have is the eminence me 15-3008
i will play with one subwoofer so i need the higher spl taht i can take with one cubo....
wich will be louder with this driver?cubo 15 or cubo 15 extended?
sory for any mistakes..english is not my native language...

7 years 9 months ago #23418 by Cubo15
The 15-300 will have the flattest response in Cubo 15 Extended, which in case of a Cubo cabinet usually means the best match with the loudspeaker/ driver.

However the Mms of the 15-300 is very low, which either means that the voice coil is very small or that the Xmax is severely limited. Either case would mean that it won't take that much power and thus, that there are better drivers out there if you want the highest SPL.

The 15-300 does however offer a very good sensitivity.

Best regards

Cubo

7 years 9 months ago #23420 by panos19
Replied by panos19 on topic Cubo15
i made the cubo 15 extended but i'm a litle diassapoended...
maybe the driver doesn't mach...it plays low and deep but i don't have much spl..
i use 30hz cut...
i have placed the woofer with the magnet out...]
maybe with the magnet in chamber will play better?

7 years 9 months ago #23421 by panos19
Replied by panos19 on topic Cubo 15
here it is...
Attachments: