Cubo 15

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #22500 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
@Zoran: The 18PZB100 in Extended would be my first choice but then again that would be a bit overkill and perhaps more suited for heavy drum and bass nights, etc.

The 15PZB100 in Extended or better Extra Extended is a good choice. It's got a 4" VC versus a 3" VC for the Kappa, so higher power handling and lower power compression. A very good driver for your requirements, a single Cubo 15 Extra Extended loaded with a 500 - 1000 W amplifier would do.

As an estimate: 18PZB100; 35 - 100 Hz, 15PZB100; 40 - 100 Hz.

@Robbie: Done.

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Cubo15.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #22501 by zkralj88
Replied by zkralj88 on topic Cubo15
Hi!

Believe me, live drums and bass also go to overkill on a more then few occasions! :)

Could you be so kind as to send me an extra extended plans?

Thank you for your help!

Cheers

Zoran

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #22502 by bgrade
Replied by bgrade on topic Cubo15
If you right click on the image, you should be able to "save image as" to your hard drive. Alternately you can open image in another window or tab and you can zoom. (At least that works for me on my comp using Chrome)

edit: oops never mind. Missed the final page where it was already sorted by maestro Cubo. :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bgrade.

More
9 years 3 months ago #22509 by Watson
Replied by Watson on topic Cubo15
Just finished my first Cubo 15 ext. I'm going to add the bracing at the mouth after doing some router work on the braces.

imgur.com/S4czcaY,cDS1oW6,pAd91JI#0

More
9 years 3 months ago #22514 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
I've got one Cubo 15 here with the exact same color scheme. What driver is in there?

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 2 months ago #22565 by zaxder
Replied by zaxder on topic Cubo 15
Hi.
I have recently built a Cubo 15, which is my first speaker build, but I'm a bit worried about the filtering.

I'm using the Pioneer GMD-8604 to power my Cubo 15 loaded with Kappa 15LFA, as well as to power my tops. It delivers about 300 watts to the cubo, but here is my problem. I only have the option of either using a HPF OR a LPF to filter it. Of course I chose to use a LPF at around 115 Hz, but my concern is, if the Cubo is able to handle all the low frequencies, which I can't filter? ¨

Am I alright without a HPF, or what do I do?

Ps. It's for a festival setup :-)

More
9 years 2 months ago #22592 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Looking at your setup I think you're going to be allright without a high pass but I can't guarantee it. You can put the chance in your favour by avoiding feedback (i.e. from turntables) and making sure that the music doesn't contain any (wanted or non-wanted) very low frequency content. Still, would look for a high pass in the future as it gets you more bass.

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #22594 by zaxder
Replied by zaxder on topic Cubo 15
Thanks for taking your time to answer my question.

Indeed I have been looking for a high pass filter, but I can't seem to find any. On different forums, people tend to explain, that it would be expensive to make/buy a high pass filter, and the only high pass filter I have been able to find, looks a bit dodgy to me.. I'm talking about filters like this: tinyurl.com/oq74k23

Can you recommend a filter that would do the job bearing in mind that the setup is for festival purposes and therefore needs to be relatively inexpensive?

Much appreciated
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by zaxder.

More
9 years 2 months ago #22600 by DjMattiB
Replied by DjMattiB on topic Re:Cubo 15
Zaxder

Im not sure what kind of equipment you have, but I have build in high and low pass filters in my EQ that run in my rig. I've never had a problem and with having the EQ I can adjust for the room or event I'm playing.

Just my 2 cents,
Dj Matti B

More
9 years 1 month ago #22601 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
To me the ad on Ebay looks a bit dodgy but Harrison labs has been around for years selling those "passive in-line crossovers", (called Fmod's, there's quite a few). As long as it's "in-line" making a passive high pass isn't very complicated nor expensive, you could even make an active in-line high pass (though more complicated) using a tool in WinISD Pro (a6 or a7 I think).

People probably thought you were talking about an passive high pass after the amplifier, those get crazy expensive real quick as they need to withstand a lot of power. In-line crossovers (before the amplifier) typically get a few Volts (and low associated current) through them.

Another slightly more expensive option would be www.miniDSP.com , a cheap 2x4 programmable sound processor.

Best regards

Cubo

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds