Cubo 15

More
9 years 6 months ago #22246 by Nitesh
Replied by Nitesh on topic Cubo15
ok coolman ...please let me knw how its sound coz i want to put my 15xbs indat box ...i hope da 15xbs sound better than da scoops ..i lyk this cubo bin its small n its band pass...please let me knw ...thanks man ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22259 by Nitesh
Replied by Nitesh on topic Cubo15
hi how does da 15xb sound inda cubo 15???

More
9 years 6 months ago #22264 by Thecaba100
Replied by Thecaba100 on topic Cubo15
Hello i want to ask you some questions about the Cubo 15.

1. witch way is best to turn the speaker?? Some turns the cone out of the box and some turns it in to the box.

2. I got some problems with crossovers. Because i want to make one for my cubo 15

I am using following link speaker for my cubo :) If you got time for a drawing of how it is put together it would be awesome.

(speaker link) www.elextra.dk/main.aspx?page=article&artno=H19508

Hope you are able to help.

More
9 years 6 months ago #22275 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15

hi how does da 15xb sound inda cubo 15???

I would suspect it to sound similar to the Kappa Pro 15LF but take more power. It's advertised as a warm sounding speaker.

Which way is best to turn the speaker?? Some turns the cone out of the box and some turns it in to the box.

That depends on the listening crowd and the specific driver. As you're the likely listener it couldn't hurt to try both way's and decide which way sounds best to you.

When it comes to the driver, is it too late to talk you out of using the Alpha? I suspect it to work although being (truely) one-note-ish. Also that price seems be at least twice what I would expect to pay over here. That's a lot of money for a driver with a smaller magnet then most passive radiators.
All kidding aside, if you haven't bought it yet, look for a different driver. However if you already have it, I would like to hear your opinion about it's performance, as I've never tested a driver with such a high Qts in any Cubo cabinet.

I got some problems with crossovers. Because i want to make one for my cubo 15

Best thing would be to go active when it comes to the crossover as a passive crossover will cost you output-wise. It also usually allows the use of a high pass filter, that (when picked correctly) will up the output even more. I think the total output could easily be 5 dB or more when using a active crossover (and high pass).

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 5 months ago #22342 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo 15
Having Built my Cubo 15's probably 2 years ago I have relented from spending the money to buy good grills for them so imagine my delight when a customer asked me to remove these lovely window grills from their property,, 7 of them :) :)

Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago #22353 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
That does look good, enough for Cubo Kick aswell ;)

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: anjmoor

More
9 years 5 months ago #22388 by senoj semaj
Replied by senoj semaj on topic Cubo15
Hi, will 20mm off the all round cubo dimensions make much difference to the overall performance?

More
9 years 4 months ago #22396 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
20 mm off the allround dimensions turns a 238.4 liter cabinet into a 216 liter cabinet, that's close to 10% difference. I once made a Cubo at 57 cm allround dimensions and didn't like it, like the original. Reducing only the width of the cabinet has more favourable outcome. I even know of people that have reduced the width to 50 cm (and they seem happy with the results).

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 4 months ago #22492 by zkralj88
Replied by zkralj88 on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo!

Can you please tell me how would B&C 15PZB100 fit in the cubo design?

www.bcspeakers.com/products/lf-driver/15-0/15pzb100

If it's usable which would be better, regular or extended, and how is it against Kappa Pro LF2?
It would be used by a live band in a small venues up to 100 peeps max under a 300W mid top,
with all of the band and speaker DSP processing required.

Also 18PZB100, for the cubo18?

www.bcspeakers.com/products/lf-driver/18-0/18pzb100

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Zoran

More
9 years 4 months ago #22497 by robbie4448
Replied by robbie4448 on topic Cubo15
Having trouble downloading the blue prints . can u e-mail them to me in standard.Thanks. robbie4448@yahoo.com

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds