Cubo 15

More
9 years 10 months ago #21815 by SchematicSounds
Replied by SchematicSounds on topic Cubo15
Thinking about building these subs with Kappa 15LF however I thought the Kappa 15LF was more for kick frequencies?

What about Fane 15XB?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #21816 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
@T.geessounds: The Extended version for those drivers. You could also use the Extra Extended but Extended with the magnet inside the chamber would be my first bet.

@SchematicSounds: I think you'll be hard pressed to find the Kappa 15LF to be more towards kick frequencies than the 15XB. The Cubo-design pre-shapes the frequency response to make very different drivers perform similary. However, as I hear you're on a bit of a budget, and I rather have you end up with the Fane 15XB, as it's a bit more "classy" than the 15LF, I will lie and tell you that the 15LF does indeed focus more on the kick and you're better of with the Fane 15XB anyways ;)

By the way, my own Cubo 15 uses the 15LF.

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 10 months ago #21819 by SchematicSounds
Replied by SchematicSounds on topic Cubo15
What driver is the best for Cubo15? I am on a bit of a budget but quality over quantity :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #21820 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
In general or between the 15LF and the 15XB? If in general, there isn't a best driver out there, if there was I would keep it a secret and sneaky sell completed Cubo 15's with that driver, I would probably call my secret alter-ego KidCreole or something.

If specific: The 15XB has an aluminum chassis, a 4" instead of a 3" voice coil, better excursion parameters, higher motor strenght, etc. This will also give you more options if you ever decide to build something else.

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 10 months ago #21821 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Cubo15
thanks for the reply sir
but i dont think i have ever seen the plan for the extra extended..magnet inside the chamber is like your profile pic right??
thanks

More
9 years 10 months ago #21823 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Cubo 15
Does that mean the 15xb IS the better driver? I have the 15LFs and looked unto upgrades.... do they have the same stud pattern?

More
9 years 10 months ago #21824 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re:Cubo 15
Anyone.... i ask as i have a party in two weeks and if the stud pattern is the same and its a heavy'er bass i'll buy a pair....

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #21826 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Re:Cubo 15

Does that mean the 15xb IS the better driver?

Yes, no, depends. If you made the Cubo 15 out of paper mache or some low grade ply, you might not even bother. Same goes if you don't have the extra amplifier power available and whether you've decent processing or not. It's definately an upgrade tho.

According to the pdf's they both have the bolts at 14.56"

Best regards

Cubo
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Cubo15.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #21830 by Eiser
Replied by Eiser on topic Cubo 15
About to start building my first Cubo15, and I'm really excited about it!

Still not sure which driver to use - standing between the Kappa 15LFA and Kappalite 3015LF

Will the Kappalite 3015LF, besides being a lot lighter, perform significantly better than the cheaper Kappa 15LFA?

Also, will the extended version be the best for the 3015LF?

Have looked through most of the thread, but can't seem to find a clear answer on this one, so sorry if it's already been answered!

Thanks a lot :)

EDIT: Yet another question: Is the part marked with blue (bracing under the top plate) necessary in the extended version? Of the builds I've seen here, it seems like a lot of people have left it out....

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Eiser.

More
9 years 10 months ago #21832 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 15
The Kappa 15LFA works very well in this cab but if you can afford it use a better driver?

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds