Cubo 15

More
10 years 1 month ago #21577 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
The recommended enclosure for the Kappa15LF Pro is Cubo 15 Extended, though both models will work.

First off, there is MDF and MDF, personally I prefer the latter ;) Also there are wurse and better choices in wood used for construction. The (imho) better choice being 13-ply, 18 mm Baltic Birch or 11-ply, 15 mm Baltic Birch, a wurse choice being 5 -ply or less, lightweight ply.

I've always used M6 (roughly 6 mm) for any PA-cabinet. (M8, roughly 8 mm bolt diameter, M10 roughly 10 mm bolt diameter, etc.). I've tried M8 once and though it feels as an upgrade, it doesn't always fit the mounting thread diameter of the speaker.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #21589 by chuck_maurice46
Replied by chuck_maurice46 on topic Cubo15
Hi! awesome cab! what do you recommend with delta 15 LFA? normal or Xtended version? can it sounds good?

More
10 years 1 month ago #21590 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo15
I have two cubo 15's with eminence delta 15 lf's in and even using a 1200 watt pa amp just backed off they sound and feel great, i can't even run them full whack as my 12" mid tops wouldn't keep up with them and they are in the extended version

More
10 years 1 month ago #21598 by chuck_maurice46
Replied by chuck_maurice46 on topic Cubo15
OK thanks for the answer, anyone else have delta15LF in this cab?

can someone do a hornresp sim, i'm unable to use this software ^^

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #21613 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
The Delta 15LF in Cubo 15 seems to be useful from 41 - 43 Hz and up, in return it get's similar sensitivity levels as higher priced drivers.

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #21625 by TMH MUSIC
Replied by TMH MUSIC on topic Cubo 15
Hi Mr Cubo. Would love to know what sort of performance I can expect from this enclosure, when loaded with Fane sovereign pro 15-500. I intend to build 2 initially and power them with AX3500, giving 700w to each. Any thoughts from anyone about this cab/amp combo, very much appreciated. Using them to play top 40/live keyboard.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #21653 by Indi
Replied by Indi on topic Cubo15
This Cubo 15 looks good. I have a 18 mini scoop. I now have bought two 15 fane's and looking to build this Cubo 15 box for them. Would be greatfull if you could send me the dimensions.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #21659 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@TMH Music: The 15-500 works best in Cubo 15 Extended. It's an efficient driver that will definately show what a Cubo 15 is capable of.

@Indi: Did you find this: www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/14-plans/basscab/44-cubo15 Scrolling down shows you all you need ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #21660 by TMH MUSIC
Replied by TMH MUSIC on topic Cubo 15
Thanks for the reply Cubo, where can I get hold of the extended plans? Good to hear this driver will produce some good results.

Many thanks

TMH
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by TMH MUSIC. Reason: Spelling

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #21662 by TMH MUSIC
Replied by TMH MUSIC on topic Cubo15
Oops! Just saw the above and realised the extended version is there!! #facepalm!!!

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds