Cubo 15

More
9 years 9 months ago #21833 by Eiser
Replied by Eiser on topic Cubo 15
Question is just if the Kappalite is noticeably better...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #21835 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
If you look at the T/S-parameters and such data of the 3015LF and the Kappa 15LF, you will notice that they're pretty much the same, which means they're pretty much the same, except the aluminum chassis and the neo magnet.

You can leave that bracing out in the Extended version but please put some bracing against that front panel (two pieces, with the same distance between them as the small triangular bracings).

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eiser

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #21837 by Eiser

Cubo15 wrote: If you look at the T/S-parameters and such data of the 3015LF and the Kappa 15LF, you will notice that they're pretty much the same, which means they're pretty much the same, except the aluminum chassis and the neo magnet.

Interesting. This favours the Kappa 15LF, since it's much cheaper.

One parameter i stumbled upon though, was the xmax - doesn't it make a difference that the Kappa 15LF has 5,5mm vs 9,6mm on the Kappalite?
Or will it require that you use an amplifier that exceeds the physical limit of the Kappa 15LF before the extra xmax becomes beneficial?

You can leave that bracing out in the Extended version but please put some bracing against that front panel (two pieces, with the same distance between them as the small triangular bracings).

Will do that! I guess the 41x6cm panel can be cut up and used as these 2 braces :) While we're on it, where should I mount the small triangular braces? Something like 1/4 inside, measured from the side towards the middle? Hope it makes sense :)

And thanks a lot for your help.

Can't wait to hear how this awesome design sounds!
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Eiser.

More
9 years 9 months ago #21840 by Cubo15
If you look at all the T/S-parameters, the difference in Xmax is kind of a mystery, as these drivers should be the same. My preliminary conclusion is that the Kappa 15LF and the KappaLite have the same gap depth and voice coil winding height, it's just that Xmax at 10% THD is likely measured for the 3015LF and the Kappa 15LF Xmax was probably measured less favourable, or mathematically derived, while they're likely still the exact same.

I place the small triangular bracing at 1/3 the width, though 1/4 would also do.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: mini-mad, Eiser

More
9 years 9 months ago #21842 by Eiser
Interesting!

I guess I'll take the Kappa 15LFA then :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

More
9 years 9 months ago #21848 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Cubo 15
Mr Cubo... 1st of all thank yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooou!

i have 4 of these bad boys and do like their sound. i know i already asked a similar question and the reason i ask you is that you prob have the baskests knocking around to know the answer to this.... i know you said the stud pattern was the same for the kappa LFpro as with the fane 15XB.... would the 15XS also be the same and would this be a good driver and more "subby" then the LFpro's? the kappas do a good job but i want to cut down from 4 boxes down to 2 and load with a pair of kick ass drivers without having to build two more boxes for new drivers (while selling my 4x kappa loaded boxes.

thanks in advance if you do know the answer to any of my questions.

More
9 years 9 months ago #21859 by Cubo15
How much power do you have available? If you can give this driver 1000 - 1500 W and high pass it lowish, yes, this is the driver for you. It would be more subby. Seriously I'm looking in the pdf's just like you could ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 9 months ago #21860 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re:Cubo 15
I understand the paper work but im asking what your EARs tell you as i have paper work that says my car can do 127mph... but it never will...
So im asking your judgement and im very happy to hear the verdict. Thank you

More
9 years 9 months ago #21861 by Cubo15

How much power do you have available? If you can give this driver 1000 - 1500 W and high pass it lowish, yes, this is the driver for you. It would be more subby.

This is what I tell you based upon my personal experience.

Seriously I'm looking in the pdf's just like you could ;)

This is what I tell you in a response to:

the reason i ask you is that you prob have the baskests knocking around to know the answer to this.... i know you said the stud pattern was the same for the kappa LFpro as with the fane 15XB.... would the 15XS also be the same

Best regards

More
9 years 9 months ago #21862 by mini-mad
Replied by mini-mad on topic Re:Cubo 15
Thank you again.... i always look forward to reading your posts on here as your a very helpful man and have a vast knowlegde wen it comes to your boxes and driver. Again, i cant thank you enough!

I'll get a set of 15XS's as my matrix amp does 4x 1200 @4ohm... so maybe i'll get the 4ohm versions (not bothered about resale prices)

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds