Cubo 15

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #23671 by Hasselstream
Replied by Hasselstream on topic Cubo 15
Hi mr Cubo. I have 4 Cubo15 standard. Whit rcf L15P200a only 300w rms. They are whit magnet visible, how much watt Can Thay take in these bins and where must i Low cut Them ?

I have two 18" eminence sigma Pro Spekers and wondering about They Would fit Best in Cubo18 ext or cubo sub18 and how They will work Whit the 4 Cubo15

I drive it all Whit to Tamp tsa 4x1300 amps.

I have delay 1.5ms on my tops as i remember
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Hasselstream. Reason: Fail and ADD more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #23673 by BennyBoyNat
Replied by BennyBoyNat on topic Cubo 15
Thanks cubo, I will be going with the oberton or the fane pro15600lf. Will be getting a couple of drivers in the new year. Please could you email me the plans for the extra extended, I will be rebating into the sides by 5mm for a solid build. The plan is to end up with 4x cubo 15 + 4x cubo kick 15 + my mid tops. Bennyboyayris@gmail.com
Thanks again cubo

More
7 years 3 months ago #23680 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@Hasselstream: The L15P200a is apparently 300 W (100 hour sine-wave) so I would treat it as a 500 - 600 W driver, with a 35 - 40 Hz high pass at 12 dB/ octave or more.

The Xmax, Xlim and Mms are all a bit low on the Sigma Pro for use in Cubo Sub, in Cubo 18 Extended those are a far better match. If you want to use them in Cubo Sub, treat them gentle.

@BennyBoyNat: Sent!

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: BennyBoyNat

More
7 years 3 months ago #23683 by ricosound
Replied by ricosound on topic Cubo 15
Hi Cubo

I'm about to start building a small soundsystem to be used on a Pub type of situation..Jamaican music night...

For the bass section I have 2 JBL 2226h 600W / 8 Ohm 15" drivers. Initially I was going to mount them on bass scoop bins that a friend donated but the size of the bins is a bit too big for my purposes. I'm looking a t something a bit smaller because I want to be able to take the sound to the event once a month.

So I have been considering Cubo 15 design, do you think those drivers I have would work fine with it ?

For the other parts of the system I have been considering a SMT 212 cabinet plan for mid/high.

thanks a lot for any comment

More
7 years 3 months ago #23685 by ricosound
Hi Cubo,thanks for sending the plans of the extended version.

I found the answer about the JBL2226H 15 bass driver and it seems like the extended version of Cubo15 will be a good fit..so I'm going to go with it .

will post some progress on the build

thanks a lot

More
7 years 3 months ago #23691 by BennyBoyNat
Replied by BennyBoyNat on topic Cubo 15
Hi cubo, thanks for the extra extended plan you emailed me. Any advice on x-over, filters and how much power for cubo15 extra extended loaded with the oberton 15b500. Magnet in or out of the horn? I have got 1 driver here (for drilling mounting holes, checking fit etc). Im want to build 2 cubo kick 15 too with same drivers. Will they work/fit?

More
7 years 3 months ago #23713 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
@Ricosound: I see you already found the answer, looking forward to those pics!

@BennyBoyNat: I would go for a 40 Hz high pass, 100 Hz low pass and a 500 - 750 W amplifier, magnet visible. It should work well in Cubo Kick 15 as well, combined with Cubo Kick I would look for an 80 - 100 Hz crossover.

Best regards

Cubo

More
7 years 3 months ago #23716 by ricosound
just a couple of pics of the first Cubo 15 build done recently ...still needs to be sanded/painted and last few panels to be attached + driver. overall smooth build thanks to the info found here...thanks a lot ! going to do a better step by step photo document on the second Cubo 15.
I'm going to load it with a 15" JBL 2226h 600w driver with magnet visible. I'm building a mid/top cab soon for the mid and highs so trying to keep the cube as the lower free driver
Attachments:

More
7 years 3 months ago #23717 by ricosound
maybe a stupid question that was already answered to ...in this case pls forgive me...the small 2 cm wide ( and long across the whole Cubo ) piece with 19 degrees angle cut, is that going to be placed at the corner between baffle panel and from panel as a reinforcement on the two panels where the join ?
it seems to be the only place it fits ( due to the angled cut )....the above photos are actually for the Cubo 15 extended

More
7 years 3 months ago #23718 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo 15
Hi Rico the small piece is for the upper front grill to attach to so it goes at the front up most part of the baffle

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds