file Cubo Kick 15

9 years 1 month ago #22546 by haze
Replied by haze on topic Cubo Kick 15
I'm waiting for some time to try this new plan :) and now I finally have a bit of time to spend, I have already a couple of 18sound 15w700
they look good for this project, or is better to wait for the most suitable driver?

thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #22557 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 15

Well, results were very good

Always good, to hear good reviews, glad you like it.

I have already a couple of 18sound 15w700

That's a good in-between-driver. It will work in both Cubo 15 and Cubo Kick.

As Cubo Kick is about 40% reflex and 60% horn, some drivers will find a better loading by the reflex part and some will find better loading by the horn part of it. The 15W700 matches both parts about equally well.

Best regards

Cubo

9 years 1 month ago #22566 by haze
Replied by haze on topic Cubo Kick 15
thank you
then i start to move , and keep updated on result :)

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #22678 by ikabod88
Replied by ikabod88 on topic Cubo Kick 15

Cubo15 wrote: The idea at the moment is to put out 3 Cubo Kick models. One for 15" drivers (62 x 62 x 62 cm), 80 - 200 Hz,. Then the same cabinet at 45 cm wide, which will work with both 12" and 15" drivers (though more aimed at 12" drivers) and does 90 - 220 Hz, so the use of 12" single or double will gain about 20 - max 30 Hz in the top end. Cubo Kick 12 does 110 - 250 Hz.

Other then that, when I've time I will look into converting each Cubo Kick to a trap model. I think it's an good idea to see what trap angle is most populair, although 11.25 degrees per side (makes 22.5 degrees/ 45 degrees/ etc.) would be my personal favourite, tho open for suggestions.

80 - 300 Hz sounds like a Xtro to me ;)

Best regards

You stated that a 12" or 15" can be used at a 45 wide. Using 18mm ply leaves only 41.4 internal width which is too tight if desired to use a 15" such as a PD.154,
What width would you suggest if using 15" and aiming for that 90-220hz?
Would be keen to have the traps specs if you have a ready one.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #22693 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 15
According to the pdf: Overall diameter 410 mm, width across flats 395 mm? Sounds like a fit to me. I would keep it at 45 cm wide for the desired frequency range anyway. You want to hit 220 Hz so the smallest version possible.

If you aren't necessarily set for 220 Hz, choose the width according to your needs though. You can make Cubo Kick Medium between 45 - 62 cm wide. Also see this table:

Too fit a 15" driver in a trap version of Cubo Kick 15 it has to be 62 cm wide at the front, it's height can be altered between 45 - 62 cm.. The lowered volume of the horn due to the trap-shape will affect the low frequency reproduction.

Best regards

Cubo
Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago #22700 by pirata
Replied by pirata on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi guys, im building some cubo kicks, I want to use p audio e15 600 drivers, cubo says someone is using them, they had some problem with the magnet touching the back but it is easy to sort, need to know how they sound, if anyone knows the guy who has them can you ask how they turned out, cheers.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #22707 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo Kick 15
Sorry for my absence of late life has been far too busy, pondered long and hard over a cubo 15 kick design Cubo but my intention for my system was always about balance and not power so I have opted for one cubo kick 12 over each of my existing cubo 15 extended subs. It just so happens this week I have some bench time in our yard and plenty of ply to cut and assemble two kicks so I will take some pics of assembly as I go and get them posted up in the next week or so.
Update All pieces for 2 cubo kick 12's cut and ready, I'm going to load these with budget drivers and give feedback knowing that they will be later loaded with kappas in a few months time

8 years 10 months ago #22714 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Cubo Kick 15
All cut dry assembly tomorrow

Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago #22715 by Tetris
Replied by Tetris on topic Cubo Kick 15
@Pirata I was going to use the same driver myself in the Cubo Kick 15, but it fell outside the suggested parameters so decided not to use it in the end. My prototype cabinet was build for that driver though and the magnet hitting the access hatch was solved by situating the driver slightly higher up the baffle.
I've been building my second one today, will post pics soon :)

8 years 10 months ago #22716 by pirata
Replied by pirata on topic Cubo Kick 15

Tetris wrote: @Pirata I was going to use the same driver myself in the Cubo Kick 15, but it fell outside the suggested parameters so decided not to use it in the end. My prototype cabinet was build for that driver though and the magnet hitting the access hatch was solved by situating the driver slightly higher up the baffle.
I've been building my second one today, will post pics soon :)

Many thanks for your reply buddy, I thought they were off a bit on the TS but I get a good deal on them, I now have a new supply of different drivers and cubo has very kindly checked them out and they are good for cubo 15 ext and cubo kicks, so onwards and upwards, photos as soon as poss, cheers buddy.