file Cubo Kick 15

9 years 3 months ago #22395 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 15
I've editted the first post, all plans are now posted there (except Cubo Trap)

The 12FH520 and 12FH500 will work, the 12PR300 aswell but it's a bit too low power for my taste.

To make Cubo Kick 15 go higher, you'll need to make it smaller (like 45 cm). It needs that 45 cm dimension to keep nasty resonances out of it's bandwith. I would keep them as two singles and use them on their side. 220 - 230 Hz is a wurst case scenario, let's wait for the consensus to tell the best case scenario. As often, drivers that are good at the low end, suffer at the high end and lighter drivers the other way around.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #22399 by pingpong
Replied by pingpong on topic Cubo Kick 15
Thanks for that info just to be safe I will use 4 X 212 version loaded with Faital 12 FH 500. I will look at the plans in the next few days to see how I can convert it to the Kick 212 version and cut list looks like overall 72 mm long on it's side. UNLESS you have the time to post a 212 version cut list 4'X8' BB ply?
I need this Kick to go high since i already have the 10" Faital Pro 300 for that 10" horn. If I like the sound I will be building 215 version not to go higher than 220 to meet another 12" horn he makes with a old Turbo like phase plug and BMS4592 on top. Will start redrawing in the next few days for the 212 version thanks a lot for all the work Cubo!!!

9 years 3 months ago #22440 by Cubo15
I've made a start for a Cubo Kick 212 cut sheet, anything beyond this I consider a mattter of personal preference.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

I've also made some models for Cubo Kick 15 Trap, see the next render: The model on the left is pretty complex (6 more angled cuts, of which 4 cuts are angled in two dimensions simultaneously), the model on the right is a lot easier (2 more angled cuts, all in one dimension).

File Attachment:

Best regards

Cubo

9 years 3 months ago #22443 by Tetris
Replied by Tetris on topic Cubo Kick 15
If I read correctly, the Cubo Kick 15, could be made at a width of 45cm, whilst retaining the original height of 62cm and depth of 62cm? And you would recommend something like the Faital Pro 12" driver in this cab, would you still recommend using 4 ports at the top and adjusting the width between them accordingly, or reduce it down to 3 ports? I like the idea of this particular cab as it seems a good size to sit on top of a cubo 18 (on its side) underneath a top like the SMT212 which is very wide...

9 years 2 months ago #22450 by Cubo15
I Would do it like this:

File Attachment:

Everything that works in Cubo Kick 12 (small) works in Cubo Kick "Medium". In comparison, it takes something from the top end and adds it to the bottom end.

Best regards

Cubo

9 years 2 months ago #22458 by Tetris
Ok that's great! I do my sound system stuff on my own and only have a small storage unit so making the Kicks at 45cm width will be a good compromise by the looks of it! Will get on these in the new year :) Thanks again cubo!

9 years 2 months ago #22513 by Cubo15
Added the preliminary measurements of Cubo Kick 12 vs the Xtro, in the first post.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: anjmoor

9 years 1 month ago #22527 by Tetris
I have a friend building a Cubo Kick 15 today out of MDF and we plan to use the P-Audio E15-600s driver as he has a couple of these laying about and they seem fairly close to the T/S of the Kappa Pro 15. My knowledge of T/S parameters is limited though so I'm wondering whether this driver will work well enough, or if I'd be much better off going straight for the Kappa Pro? This MDF cab is a trial, if we're happy with it then we'll build some proper BB ply ones :)
Thanks as always!
T/S of the P-Audio E15-600s:
Thiele Small Parameters:

Re 5.6 Ohm
Fs 44 Hz
Mms 124.54 g/4.39 oz
Mmd 110.16 g/3.89 oz
Qms 8.51
Qes 0.49
Qts 0.46
Va. 110.48 lt/3.90 cu ft
BI 19.82 Tm
Cms 1.1e-04 m/N
Rms 4.02 Ns/m
Le (at 1kHz) 1.13 mH

Edd

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #22537 by Tetris
After deliberation I've opted for the Kappa Pro 15 after all! Will be giving it a run on Friday so will report findings back after then!

9 years 1 month ago #22543 by Tetris
Well, results were very good! Had it crossed from 84 to 200Hz and it worked with 2 x Cubo 18's loaded with Sigma Pro's pretty easily. As a noob, my knowledge of different cabs and combinations is pretty limited, but I know what sounds good, and I'm dead happy with the result! Will aim to get some measurements and stuff done, but lots commented on how clear and powerful it was as a whole, thanks Cubo!