Cubo 18

More
12 years 7 months ago #15238 by xsdata
Replied by xsdata on topic Cubo 18
will the RCF L18P300-07 work in cubo 18 standard ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #15242 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
The RCF L18P300 will work in Cubo 18 Standard. If you haven't build anything yet I would suggest building Cubo 18 Extended instead.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 7 months ago #15248 by xsdata
thanks cubo , hey the only build difference is the extra 180mm *540.4.mm piece for the extra fold in the horn ?????

More
12 years 7 months ago #15249 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
That's correct.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 7 months ago #15257 by xsdata

well here is the first one nearly all woodwork complete - This is the first time Ive tried a building project of this size and Im pretty happy with the job Ive done, and Im sure the next one can only be better. Still have to put in speakon plate and route the edges over making it all nice and rounded

Now a quick q for cubo - Thinking about cutting an access panel from the final side giving access to the bolts and driver - other wise if I go for driver in mouth in design how am I going to get the driver out if anything ever happens ? Also when you have the driver in the mouth where do you run the input to driver wires ( I assume thru the middle of the bottom braces?) and should I glue the wires down to avoid any rattle ??

thanx again I hope mu questions make sense !

More
12 years 7 months ago #15260 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
good work peter, i bet you cant wait to crank em up......

More
12 years 7 months ago #15261 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Cubo 18
I would not use access panels for this cab as the chamber and the horn volumes are important. If you used extra panels the framing for them would take up some of the volume and would change the cabs charactoristics?

If you are mounting the driver in the horn or in the chamber then the tee nuts would be inside the driver mount panel. This means that you would bolt through the speaker chassis through the panel into the tee nuts which bite into their pre-drilled holes giving a strong mount.

Try to use the shortest cables you can to connect to the speaker and speaker connectors (Speakons). For mounting the driver in the horn you could drill through the rear horn panel and seal the wires through the hole with a sealent and allow just enough cable to let the driver out and disconnect, if required and for the speaker connectors leave just enough cable to get access to them too.

Hope this helps. Good build by the way. smiley20

More
12 years 7 months ago #15262 by bee
as jim said.... smiley20 another tip would be to drill the baffle and t nut it before you assemble cab, its easier to do this way than in-situe....

More
12 years 7 months ago #15267 by xsdata
thanks guys - i have decided not to go for handles and make trolleys for them as there are no handles in the original plans .. but now im also thinking wouldn''t these also effect the horn volume Jim ??

More
12 years 7 months ago #15269 by bee
put one handle in each side of cab, these go in the area of the chamber, it will decrease the chamber volume very slightly, but will have no effect on the sound. Ben (killerhertz audio) uses wheel boards for his, but you still need to be able to lift them on to the boards.... and move them around in the back of van and lift them into position etc.....

see pic below.....

i would rethink about putting handles in them, you will thank me for it.... lol...

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds