Cubo 18

More
12 years 7 months ago #15106 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18

xsdata wrote: Hey there Cubo, firstly thanks for the simple design and effort you have put into this. Im currently getting 2 cubo 18 cut for me and was wondering if you could answer a few questions

1. What saw blade width have you used ? 300 mm ??
2. And the panel thats 47.7 *58.4 is the one with the 17.5 degree angle cut along the longest edge yes ? and also the sheet that holds the driver?
3. the pieces of wood that go around the mouth what is the angle on those , the ones that sit under the panel that supports the driver ?> is it 17.5 again ? Another question the large triangle support I notice in the construction pics you have had to cut out a notch but its not in the plan ?

I've got a flimsy saw blade that is about 2 mm thick and has a 190 mm diameter. Not sure if that answers your question.

The panel that holds the driver (is called the baffle) and is 48.2 cm on the longest side, 47.7 cm on the shortest side. The angle is 17.5 degrees.

The panels around the horn mouth (bracing) I ussually cut with a hand saw. Not to sure how to name the difference in angled cuts between the bracings and the baffle but I think the difference is clear? And yes, that's 17,5 degree in that respect.

Correct, that's not in the plan. I ussually put the entire cabinet together, except one side panel, then put the triangular bracing in place of the side panel, so that you can draw the position of the baffle and inner horn panel(s) on it with a pencil (and cut it out that way).
After that the panel is put in place with the help of some 'distance-blocks".

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #15118 by xsdata
Replied by xsdata on topic Cubo 18
thanks so much for the quick reply Cubo -
I want a driver thats about 500 watts to suit the cab - What would u recomend in the 200-250 range (american) ?

More
12 years 7 months ago #15133 by Cubo15
Hi Peter,

First of all I would recommend a slightly increased budget ;) Personally I like to recommend drivers with a 4" VC, Xmax over 7 mm, Xmech over 35 mm and EBP over 100 Hz. The following drivers are more or less in your price range (specs and prices based upon usspeaker):

The Sigma Pro 18 for Cubo 18 Extended.
The Omega Pro 18 for Cubo 18 Standard.
The Definimax 4018LF for Cubo 18 Extended.

Faital Pro 18FH500 for Cubo 18 Extended.

P Audio C18-600LF for Cubo 18 Extended.
P Audio C18-650EL for Cubo 18 Extended.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 7 months ago #15151 by engel75
Replied by engel75 on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo,

is there any guide how to simulate Cubo 15, 18 and Sub? Need to check if my RCF LF18N401 would perform well.
Do you think it would be a good idea to combine cubo sub and cubo 15 to get more kick?

cubo sub HP 30Hz - LP 70Hz ???
cubo 15 HP 80Hz - LP 160Hz ???

Compared to a HD15 - does the cubo15 kick "better" (sound and pressure)?
Did you ever compare the cubo sub to a X1?

Great plans!

Regards,
engel

More
12 years 7 months ago #15186 by Cubo15
This topic on diyaudio does go into simulating this kind of hybrids with Hornresp. AkAbak will off course always do but it's a bit harder to get going.

www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/17947...e-horn-design-2.html (some of the links are usefull too, one of them directs back to this forum, Bitzo's mathematically correct approach).

The RCF will work both well in Cubo 18 Extended and Cubo Sub.

Unfortuenately Cubo 15 is not a kick bin, at some frequencies it might pressure-ise better then the HD15 but the HD15 will sound better.

Never compared to a X1. I'd say that would be an interesting match up. I will strive to make that happen in the future.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 7 months ago #15210 by xsdata
well I finally got enough 18mm mdf for two Cubo 18's all cut to spec as well ... Can you point me in the way of a construction guide now ?? I no its pretty simple but was just wondering :mrgreen:

More
12 years 7 months ago #15212 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
try this link peter.... may be of help to you.....

www.freespeakerplans.com/index.p ... =15&t=1770

good luck with the build.....

More
12 years 7 months ago #15218 by xsdata
Hey Ben thanks so mnuch this is very helpful information - I cant wait to herer them up and purring ! and thanks Cubo !

More
12 years 7 months ago #15220 by tamuks
Replied by tamuks on topic Cubo 18
which driver is best for Cubo 18 ? coz lm using p audio sd18 drivers but the cubo is not sounding good enough

More
12 years 7 months ago #15227 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
pd 1850 in the extended version....... magnet in the horn......

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds