Cubo 18

More
12 years 6 months ago #15362 by xsdata
Replied by xsdata on topic Cubo 18
Oh not all the panels are glued - I have access to the one pictured thru a dry fitted side panel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15363 by xsdata
Replied by xsdata on topic Cubo 18
double posts :thumbdown:

More
12 years 6 months ago #15374 by djr1specv
Replied by djr1specv on topic Cubo 18
I just wanted to say Thanks and props to Mr. Cubo!!! This design is no joke as many here know. A few months back (June to be exact) I reclaimed an old 18 Cerwin Vega 188EB to put to work in a Cubo 18 powered by a Macrotech 2400 in stereo; so only one side pushing ~ 700 watts. Tested it out at a Sweet 16 in a medium to small venue and many of the guest were wondering where that massive base came from. I knew of the old CV's limitation so in a conversation with a forum member he sugested a Selenium 18SWS800.
About a week ago I finally loaded the Selenium and tested it at a family party. The sound itslef was no comparison: deep and tight as opossed to the CV's boominess. However, while setting it up at the venue. my two buddies realized that the pressure from the base was heard throught the hall, but only "felt" if standidn directly IFO the box. Did some more tweaking and finally realized that i had reversed polarity. Dammit! Corrected this and the base really jumped out! But, again, although "felt" at longer distances, it was kind of directional.
At this point one of my buddies (the one with the least knowledge) suggested turning the box around so that the mouth was facing the wall at about 12 inches away.... What happened next was something that if you were not present you would NOT beleived it. The "sound" was CRAZY but the Pressure could be "felt" ANYWHERE inside the hall... What was that about??? Whatever it was I'm in love with this little box...

Again Mr. Cubo - many, many props and thnxxx!!!

More
12 years 6 months ago #15404 by Pirlo
Replied by Pirlo on topic Cubo 18
I must be blind, wich one of the plans shown here are for the 21"-Version!?
As mentioned in this thread, they´re there allready, but all the baffles shown (or better "I see") are to small to fit pd.2150 - or I missed something?!?

Also there is an option to become even more low-end!?
In according to another user, I´m thinking to use it under a couple of hd15, so it should be as low as possible, to the sky it can be cut at ~60/70hz for sure smiley20

Big thanks in advance!

More
12 years 6 months ago #15407 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
the pd2150 is only 550 wide the baffle on the cubo sub is 552 so it should just fit with a bit of a squeeze...... the cutout for the 2150 is 492mm....... just be careful on placement of t-nuts......

you will need to load it with magnet in the horn, i think with the extended panel.....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15411 by Pirlo
Replied by Pirlo on topic Cubo 18
Ah, okay, now I got it!

Anyone built an 21" yet!? - If so, is ist the bit of extra low-end worth, or would ya prefer the 18"-version if ya build it again!?
And some general questions, do ya guys think the 21" is fast enough to "couple" the HD´s!? ...what would be a good ratio then?!?
Or are there other design-suggestions that should have be watch!? (Most people will say X1´s, but I don´t want a pure BP if it is possible to choose st. else)
Music will be tek/core/d´n´b/[...] ~150bpm and above (if it plays a role here)

Thanks for ya time!

More
12 years 6 months ago #15412 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
ive just built another 4 for Ben ember, this takes his total to 8 pd1850 loaded cubo 18's...... and ive got to say they are a great cab, very good output and sound. not built the 21's yet but for weight and ease of use and moving them the 18's are very good, get all 8 plus 2 double kicks and tops, in van very easy.....

More
12 years 6 months ago #15446 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18

the one with the least knowledge

Did he have an explanation for the result?

I can only vouch for the fact that small differences in placing can have significant differences in sound.

Also there is an option to become even more low-end!?

Using a 21" would be a good start.

The Cubo 21" plans are not posted as of yet. They're available on request (questionsaboutcubo at gmail dot com). All plans posted have multiple measurements to back up their claims. a practice which I would like to maintain. The reason I do not have a Cubo 21" measurement is simply because I do not own or have had easy acces to a 21" so far.

The 21" plans have two angled cuts as opposed to one angled cut for Cubo Sub (18"), reason being the larger baffle for the 21" version. However, if you take a look at the following: Technically it is possible to mount most 21" drivers on the baffle of the regular Cubo Sub.

imageshack.us/f/843/cubo21baffle.png/ and a zoom-in imageshack.us/f/534/cubo21bafflezoompd2150c.png/

This shows the bolt pattern / t-nut mounting. The highest is for the 6 bolt pattern (M8), the lowest for regular 8 bolt pattern. The green line represents the second horn panel (18 mm thick), which limits the bolt pattern to some degree. The yellow line shows that there is still 1.42 cm space available from the center of the bolt to to edge of the baffle (in the chamber).
The red line represent the edge of the baffle, meaning the PD2150 will extend 2 mm beyond the baffle (just with the pointy end of the chasis).

Excursion is not limited in this configuration before Xmax or Xmech is reached.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 6 months ago #15617 by deejay skillz
Replied by deejay skillz on topic Cubo 18
Hi Mr Cubo im fascinated by the comparison results you posted concerning the cubo sub prototype 3. I found it having a smoother response compared to the rest. would you kindly send me plans for cubo sub 15/prototype 3. email ; timbreaudio@hotmail.com

More
12 years 6 months ago #15618 by deejay skillz
Replied by deejay skillz on topic Cubo 18
Hi cubo, big up! smiley32 i was wondering where the plans are for cubo sub prototype 3. Would you please post plans? Best Regards smiley20

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds