Cubo 18

More
12 years 5 months ago #15637 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
If you want to put a single 15" in Cubo Sub, you can use the plans as on the site. Though a single 15" would not be recommended for use on regular PA-levels. If you want the plans for Cubo Sub 215, please e-mail me at questionsaboutcubo at gmail dot com

Cubo 215 will allow up to 20 cm depth per driver, leaving a few cm for the air vent, this would mean a driver with a total depth of around 18 cm. If the 15" drivers have an Xmax of 7 mm or less, Cubo 15 might be the better choice.

Best regards

Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15641 by deejay skillz
Replied by deejay skillz on topic Cubo 18
Hi Mr Cubo , Keep up the good work! smiley20 I was wondering smiley29 for regular p.a what size of stack /arrangement would you recommend? also what mid tops are the best suited to accompany cubos and wat is the best crossover settings.
Best regards
Deejay Skillz

More
12 years 5 months ago #15753 by Cubo15
That's a bit unspecified question (and thus a very long answer), what's regular PA for you?

Still working on the best tops to accompany them with, till then anything with a strong 90 - 100 Hz will do, strong 70 -90 Hz for Cubo Sub. 40 Hz high pass, 12 dB/octave preferably steeper, @ 30 Hz for Cubo Sub. With smaller PA's I tend to low pass them higher (100 - 120 Hz), multiple Cubo's 80 - 100 Hz, 60 - 70 Hz (for Cubo Sub) if you have kicks.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 5 months ago #15827 by deejay skillz
Hi Cubo, smiley32

How would a 15 inch driver lets say kappa pro lf perform in a cubo 18 inch? :roll: A friend of mine buit the cubo 15 extended loaded it with fane colossus 15 xb bt modified the depth to 26 inch , width reduced to 21 inches but maintained the height to 24 inches. I was wondering what would those changes cause to the frequency response etc? When i asked him why he told me most subs come with a width of 21 inches and the depth ''adds'' more bass!
Whats your take on that
Regards
dj skillz

More
12 years 5 months ago #15843 by Cubo15
A 15" in Cubo 18 would have slightly lower power handling in Cubo 18, inherent to the fact that it will go a Hz orso deeper in response (both will be hard to measure, let alone notice in practical situations) but now you know.

IIRC, 22.5" (or 57.15 cm) is standard width that will allow best packing density for trucksized gigs and some other means of transportation as well.
Making Cubo 15/18 (just) smaller will loose it some low frequency extension. At 21" that's about 3- 5 Hz. Modifying the depth Cubo-18-Style, increases the horn length and rear chamber size, thus lowering the low cut off.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 5 months ago #15850 by Gingernuts
Replied by Gingernuts on topic Cubo 18
Hi CUBO! Just to let you know that I ran a mono block of 8 1850 loaded CUBO 18's (from 2 VZ 5000) on Saturday night at club night for one of London's premier underground pirate stations in a Marquee roughly 40ft/90ft with around 450 people. The CUBO 18's were ground stacked with the horn mouth to the floor with a HP/35 bw 28 and a LP/118 bw 18. As usual they defied logic and all the clubbers exspectations who were gob-smacked at the sheer weight and scale of the basslines looking for much larger boxes. BEE from the forum ( the builder ) was in atendance, we ran the system through SMART and achived a good flat response throughout our system. What we did find that we'd shredded 3 of our 4 1550 drivers from our kicks previously but were just able to raise the Low Pass up to meet our tops thus eliminating our blown kicks.This just shows what a versitile and unique monster you've designed, were gonna build more and i'd like an INFRA-HORN to strap on...now that would be fun! Hopefully were be taking them down to Carnival next year but thats unconfermed as yet but i'll keep you posted it would be great to meet you and you to meet a stack of 16!

Cheers

More
12 years 5 months ago #15854 by bee
Replied by bee on topic Cubo 18
and boy did they sound good, the infra horn idea would mean using 4 cubos, mouth to mouth on top of each other, with a meter long horn. Still playing around with sims. would be great to have a prototype ready just after xmas.......

More
12 years 5 months ago #15863 by deejay skillz
Nice work smiley32 !

More
12 years 5 months ago #15965 by Cubo15
@Ben Ember: 16 Cubo 18's? I might swim the pond for that! Send you an PM.

@Bee: If you need any help in the design of an Infra Horn you'd know where to find me.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 5 months ago #15966 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic Cubo 18
Got any pics of that cubo 1850 monoblock Ben , may have to go to the toilet with a roll of tisue and lock the door!

Time to create page: 0.275 seconds