1x18 Horn

More
14 years 10 months ago #6091 by wash with gasoline
Replied by wash with gasoline on topic 1x18 Horn
hey all, my first post here. ive been lurking here and over on the otherside for awhile now. i just wraped my head around horn responce today well enuff to sim existing stuff. it seems this horn might be what im looking for, ie on the cheap end of cheap but still able to perform reliably. i tryed simming the selenium 18wfh1p-slf www.parts-express.com/pdf/264-398s.pdf and it seemed to be a good option to my untrained eye. it is CHEAP $174us each when you buy 4 with free shipping. it has dual spiders and good cooling... so what did i miss? ...i would buy the celestion but the only place i found it was across the country for $280us before shipping smiley6 so not really a budget driver for me. the other options that are in my budget are the b&c 18ps76 and paudio c18-650el both available around $230us ...not to sure about the paudio reading about peoples mixed results with them. thanks in advance from the noob smiley1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6103 by wash with gasoline
Replied by wash with gasoline on topic 1x18 Horn
i figured out how to do screen shots today and played around with horn responce some more. these plots are for 4 horns in 2pi with 2000w input. for the selenium 18wfh1p-slf and here is for the b&c 18ps76 as far as my understanding of horn responce so far ...not much smiley1 i take the diaphram displacement to mean how far the woofer will move. but i understand the emax figures to be where the woofer stays in it specs and that they move much farther before damage? in the selenium pdf it says that dammage will occur at 32mm even though the xmax is 5.25mm. so i am assumeing at this point that the woofers should be fine, PLEASE correct me if i am wrong. i still like the selenium woofer better do to the 4in coil vs 3in on the b&c and the cooling looks much better as well even though the b&c plots smoother. what do you guys think? im not expecting miracles from this but i dont want it to go up in smoke either smiley5 the goal is to have a useable system driven off of small generators playing electronic music lo cut at 40hz that will survive burningman without melting down or breaking the bank. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds