cubo 12

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12467 by Wannabass
Replied by Wannabass on topic cubo 12
thanks for the "frequently asked drivers", very helpful for my choice!

a little question regarding the handles, do you calculate the volume they will take inside the box or is it neglectable? :crazy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #12469 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic cubo 12
courtesy of mister cubo15

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12556 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 12
Pretty much neglectable. If you want to go crazy on it, keep them as small as possible for high Qts, high Vas drivers and make them larger then needed for low Qts, low Vas drivers.

The V-plating is refering to a V-shaped horn extender, I believe it was originally coined by Bill Fitzmaurice:
billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewt ... ing#p45703

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #12598 by bryan
Replied by bryan on topic cubo 12
Hi cubo,

Have you ever tried Selenium drivers and RCF drivers in the cubo 12? i would like to try one of these some info would be great thanks.

More
13 years 1 week ago #12704 by Cubo15
One of the five drivers first used and measured in Cubo 12 was an RCF, looking at their specs, all 12" RCF drivers look like they'll work. Ranging from good to splendid.

I'm less familair with Selenium but good enough to know that they'll have at least a few that will wotk in Cubo 12.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 1 week ago #12732 by bryan
Replied by bryan on topic cubo 12

Cubo15 wrote: One of the five drivers first used and measured in Cubo 12 was an RCF, looking at their specs, all 12" RCF drivers look like they'll work. Ranging from good to splendid.

I'm less familair with Selenium but good enough to know that they'll have at least a few that will wotk in Cubo 12.

Best regards

Cubo

Thank you sir much appreciated.

More
13 years 5 days ago #12853 by Wannabass

Cubo15 wrote: Added FAD's (most Frequently Asked Drivers) at the bottom of the plans.

Best regards

Cubo

:oops: by chance, have you got any suggestions for 10" drivers please ?

More
13 years 3 days ago #12892 by Cubo15
Look for 10" loudspeakers with the Qts between 0.25 - 0.35, Vas between 40 - 60 liter and Fs between 45 - 55 Hz preferably (if Fs is higher move the high pass accordingly). To make a 10" drop jaws you really need 8 mm plus Xmax counting on the T/S-parameters as above averaged. A lot of 10" drivers are truly designed as midbass speaker and thus will have 3- 5 mm Xmax, Vas around 30 liter, high Fs, small coil diameter etc.

Personally I like the Beyma 10NWnd, if it had a 3" VC it would be perfect.

One step down are: B&C 10PS26 / 10HPL51, Beyma 10LW30 / Sm-110N, Eminence HL10A, the latter hasn't got ideal T/S but the high Xmax makes up for a lot.

Best regards

Cubo

More
12 years 11 months ago #13085 by Wannabass
smiley1 thank you Cubo,
after a few days searching for ultimate price/spec driver, I finally decided not to go the cheapest way and ended up ordering the "king driver" pd 12sb30.

Started construction last week end, giving a hand to a skilled woodworking friend of mine (thank u Hermie!), all pieces are now waiting for the driver to be delivered to finish the box !

I will post pics/report when finished

:crazy: I can't waiiiiiiit to hear it !

ps :
- do you recommend some stuffing inside?
- any tip/recommandation for routing/attaching the cable inside ?

More
12 years 11 months ago #13150 by Cubo15

I finally decided not to go the cheapest way and ended up ordering the "king driver" pd 12sb30.

That's two good choices ;)

do you recommend some stuffing inside?

I really leave that up to you. You can try it and see if it works for your taste. Keep the path from the driver to the horn clear though, the consensus is to only put it in the chamber, not in the horn.

any tip/recommandation for routing/attaching the cable inside ?

A while ago a saw someone using massive wire (usually used for 220 V). When completly soldered that looks like a good option to me to minimize movement. My commercial high SPL cabinets out there have soldered and polymer reinforced speakons. I like to use some glue/paste dots to fixate the wire along it's length.

Thinking out loud: I would be interested to know how Tony A.S.S. does this. After all those years it's a proven concept. Probably will have to ask.

Best regards

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds