heart cubo 12

13 years 8 months ago #9083 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic cubo 12
ok I know but how do you take care of the driver volume? if mounted reversed for sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #9084 by JJD
Replied by JJD on topic cubo 12
Good question. I haven't consider a reverse speaker, so if it is reverse, sim may differ a bit. But you can simulate this with anothers 2 segments which consider lost volume by the speaker in the end of the horn.

13 years 8 months ago #9085 by bitzo
Right....now the next question is what value have to be reduced? I mean you have 2 segment so 3 height values and 2 lenght values one width...so...
h1= segment 1 throat
h2=segment 1 mouth segment segment 2 throat
h3=segment 2 mout
l12=lenght segment 1
l23=lenght segment 3

get the total volume of both segment because I can't figure how the driver volume is spreaded into them, and obtain value wich consider the driver...but what value have to be moltiplicated by the width?
((h1+h3)*(l12+l23)*width/2-drivervolume)/(width*?)

hope that could be clear.

13 years 7 months ago #9092 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 12
That's an interesting plot, can you post the AkAbak script or input that you used? I use Hornresp mostly for Cubo 12 and measurements.

The PD driver (12SB30) can be used for Cubo 12.

Regards

Cubo

13 years 7 months ago #9110 by bitzo
that's interesting...
could you post the plot of cubo12? So I'll try to match my sim to the measurement.

cheers, bitzo

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9133 by bitzo
Here's the Declaration part, it's fully parametrized now for cubo12. So you can switch from cubo12 to cubo15 extended etc... only changing panel lenght angle depth height and width.

edit: I make a mistake in the definition of h6r now corrected in the last file uploaded
edit2: A mistake in l34 now corrected...damn trigonometry
Attachments:

13 years 7 months ago #9134 by djeddie
Replied by djeddie on topic cubo 12

joeysub wrote: its been put up on the plans page , on the top row!!!!

Oops, forgot to look there! Thanks tho', got it now :thumbup:

13 years 7 months ago #9144 by bitzo
here's the last part of the script... a few instruction..
if you want to switch from a reversed driver mount in a straight one you have to:
-In Vtc definition put -drivervolume instead of conevolume;
-In L56 and L67 definition put h6r instead of h6;
-change the radius in the cone area definition accordingly to your driver.

enjoy...
Attachments:

13 years 7 months ago #9206 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 12
Lol, that’s a very complicated but physically correct script. Definitely was an interesting read, made my day.

To answer some other questions from this thread, as I finally have the time to do so (it’s vacation so my internet time has been decimated). Making a Cubo 212 with the horn mouth’s together is in my personal opinion the best way to go. You could use a divider panel USB-style, in fact the first Cubo 212 prototype was initially build without divider panel. If phase is reversed for one of the drivers, lacking a divider panel means that the output is reduced enormously. Therefore I would expect that, in the scenario where one of the drivers is permanently leaving this earth (during a performance), output is decreased substantially when there is no divider panel used at all. That would be a no-go.

Adding the beginning of the horn path’s together should work, however for reasoning mentioned above, I would use a divider panel in that case. The same goes for adding Cubo’s side by side.

Regards

Cubo

13 years 7 months ago #9213 by bitzo

Cubo15 wrote: Lol, that’s a very complicated but physically correct script. Definitely was an interesting read, made my day.

smiley20
I wrote it because I'm modelling a 10" version for my home theatre system. I have strictly dimension because of furniture. May be should be nice for caraudio too.