cubo 12

• joeysub
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #9245 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic cubo 12
how would the ciare 12.00sw be in the cubo 212? this would pound if it does , especially if 2-3 are stacked together cuz that would be 2kw aes per cab and 6kw per stack!(if the cabs dont blow apart lol) love the idea of having a full system using just 12'' with this sort of power and size!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9246 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic cubo 12
usually ciare12.00 sw has been used in long high compression horn......but should be interesting to test.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9287 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 12
The Ciare 12.00SW is a very specific driver, due to it's low Vas I find it hard to incoorperate in about any design. Sensitivty would be about 96 db/W/m minimum according to Hornresp, not the flattest or lowest either but it's immense Xmax would make it handle loads of power. Therefore it wouldn't be the best choice for Cubo 12 imho but it would certainly work.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 7 months ago #9289 by JohnnyPyro
Replied by JohnnyPyro on topic cubo 12
How well would the Eminence Lab 12 work in this ... should be interesting :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #9396 by Cubo15
The Eminence Lab 12 performs similar to the Ciare 12.00SW, loads of cone travel counteracts the lowish sensitivity. Mechanically it could easily take 800 Watts. Putting 800 Watts through a 2.5" VC is an other story though.

Personally I would advise a high powerhandling, medium Xmax, medium Qts driver. With Cubo 12 (and sufficient high pass) you'll likely fry a driver before you pound it into a pulp.

Regards

Cubo

More
13 years 6 months ago #9845 by Anton S
Replied by Anton S on topic cubo 12
will the b&c 12tbx100 work in the cubo12?

More
13 years 6 months ago #9905 by Cubo15
I've tried, tested and measured the 12TBX32 (very similar to the 12TBX100 IIRC) in Cubo 12. Unfortunately all measurements were lost. I liked the sound best crossed @ 80-100 Hz. It could handle enormous amounts of power and go really loud for such a small cabinet. Made from Baltic birch ply the empty cabinet is just a tad heavier then the driver itself.

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 5 months ago #10231 by ostrichmilkman
Replied by ostrichmilkman on topic cubo 12
hey im a total newb to building speaker im looking for the hceapest suitable driver for this cab and was wondering about the eminence delta and delta lf would either of these work or even better are there any cheaper options also if someone wouldnt mind explaining how to find a suitable driver then id be quite happy to find one myself

More
13 years 5 months ago #10330 by Cubo15

** Apart from those drivers measured Cubo 12 will work with a wide variëty of 12" (and 10”) drivers preferably with an EBP of 100 or higher; Fs (30-52 Hz), Qts (0.20 - 0.37), Vas (50 - 125 L) / (1.77- 4.42 ft^3). Where EBP = Fs / Qts.

Besides these a Xmax higher then 4-5 mm is preffered. (4.8 mm is ok).

The Delta 12LF has a Qes on the high side. I will simulate it for you and let you know the results but in the mean time i would encourage you to find something with lower Qes. If you want to save money I would suggest to look for a decent 12" mid-bass driver (as the limited Xmax needed for mid-bass reduces cost on a driver).

Best regards

Cubo

More
13 years 5 months ago #10346 by ostrichmilkman
Replied by ostrichmilkman on topic cubo 12
cheers cubo your realy helpfull

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds