Cubo 15

More
6 years 11 months ago #23924 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Hello,

Considering your requirements, I would build Cubo 15 Extended, with the magnet inside the chamber (magnet not visible). However, if I understand correctly that you want to use them in your house/ home, a reflex cabinet will work just as well. Two reflex is a bit overkill for a home but two Cubo 15 is very much overkill for a home.

Best regards Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #23925 by Popeye
Replied by Popeye on topic Cubo 15
Thank you very much Mr. Cubo.

You understand perfectly what I want to do. I know that two Cubo 15 is very much overkill for a home, but i like excess :lol:

More
6 years 10 months ago #23937 by redtag
Replied by redtag on topic Cubo 15
Magnet in or outside? Driver kappa pro 15lf-2..

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #23939 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 15
Try it out and if you don't like that, try it in. No pun intended.

Best regards Cubo
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Cubo15.

More
6 years 10 months ago #23940 by joshworthy
Replied by joshworthy on topic Cubo 15
Hi!

Just wanted to share a few pics of my first speaker build. I'm intending to build 2 x Cubo 15 (one of them pictured) 2 x Cubo kick 15 and 2x mid top (undecided on which yet).

I quickly tested it last night night running off my ecler APA2000 crossed at 110hz and It sounds incredible. I am so impressed, thank you Cubo!!

I used P-Audio E15-600S 15 Inch 600W Low Frequency drivers, tested down to around 38hz... so much bass

Josh.

More
6 years 10 months ago #23941 by joshworthy
Replied by joshworthy on topic Cubo 15
Just in addition to my last post, I used a 12.7mm countersink bit with 4 x 40mm wood screws and 5min D4 glue and think this technique is excellent. You cant really see in the photos but I've plugged and planed ash plugs into the countersink holes and it looks really professional. I've left the edges 1mm proud so I can use a flush cutter router bit to finish along with a 3mm round on the arris'

More
6 years 10 months ago #23957 by zaxder
Replied by zaxder on topic Cubo15
Hi Cubo, thanks for the answer!
I explained my problem pretty bad looking back on my message.
What I meant was that we mounted it flush instead of 87 degrees, which also affected the horn width. What I'm trying to say is that the distance between the piece mounted on the baffle and the back plate has been reduced by something like 1 - 1.5 cm. So the distance is 8 cm rather than 9.5 cm.
Which effect will this have? We have a miniDSP, so we are able to adjust small changes in SPL response.

More
6 years 10 months ago #23958 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo15
@Joshworthy: My first builds definitely didn't look as good as yours does! One cordless drill for drilling and one (impact) drill for putting in the screws, I miss those days, I'm back to one drill for both at the moment (pita).

@Zaxder: It does increase the compression ratio but because it's a short flare, it's influence is relatively small. It's not something I would worry about.

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshworthy

More
6 years 9 months ago #23978 by redtag
Replied by redtag on topic Re:Cubo 15

First one :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

More
6 years 9 months ago #23985 by Jeremoth
Replied by Jeremoth on topic Cubo 15
Hi everyone

My name is Jeremoth and I'm new to the forum but I've been reading up on some posts.

I'm planning on building 2 Cubo 15 enclosures. My questions are: Will it be a good idea to have one sub with the magnet inside and the other with the magnet outside and play them alongside each other? How different will they sound?

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds