MTH-30

More
14 years 1 month ago #8131 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic MTH-30
STACKING QUESTIONS:
Ok all the smart guys out there. does it get better if the horns are coulped like the photo i have drawn (mspaint)?
[attachment=0:3bnkg9cv]<!-- ia0 -->MTHStack.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3bnkg9cv]

or would they better benifit with the driver near the ground, or up. Height is not my concern, just wondering what is the best approach
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #8136 by
Replied by on topic MTH-30
afaik tapped horns do not couple like a front loaded horn. so there's nothing to be gained by stacking them a particular way

More
14 years 1 month ago #8144 by MAutopsy

Cudds wrote: afaik tapped horns do not couple like a front loaded horn. so there's nothing to be gained by stacking them a particular way

So should the mouth open near the floor, as to use the floor as a horn extension?

More
13 years 11 months ago #8607 by Xoc1
Replied by Xoc1 on topic MTH-30

MAutopsy wrote: So should the mouth open near the floor, as to use the floor as a horn extension?

I would think that lining multiple cabinets up with the mouth close to the floor would give the best coupling taking full advantage of the 2PI space.

The PD 12sb30 has a good Xmax for a tapped horn (7mm) and according to hornresp will reach x-max at about 46Volts which is 265W at 8 ohms.
No one has mentioned that you will need a hi pass filter and it will probably be to be at least 40hz.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8654 by MAutopsy

Xoc1 wrote:

MAutopsy wrote: So should the mouth open near the floor, as to use the floor as a horn extension?

I would think that lining multiple cabinets up with the mouth close to the floor would give the best coupling taking full advantage of the 2PI space.

The PD 12sb30 has a good Xmax for a tapped horn (7mm) and according to hornresp will reach x-max at about 46Volts which is 265W at 8 ohms.
No one has mentioned that you will need a hi pass filter and it will probably be to be at least 40hz.

I use these drivers www.cheaplights.com/cart/page81.html (the first 12" on the page) they are Cheap, work great and are very similar to the Radian 2312s. I do not use a high pass. these cabs are rather great, allowing a hell of a sound that one man can set up. I Use two currently and may build two more, but my Servodrives want to get out and see action as well :-D and i must divert the funds to repair a few of them.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8720 by Ryan94
Replied by Ryan94 on topic MTH-30
would the eminence lab 12 work in this design?cheersryan

More
13 years 9 months ago #8934 by rizzardo
Replied by rizzardo on topic MTH-30
Hi Guys,

first, excuse me for my bad english

second, I'm searching a cutlist for this design: i haven't software to draw it then I can't realize this project.

can you help me?
if anybody has draw it, can post it? I think that I can be very useful for all !!!

thank a lot

More
13 years 9 months ago #8938 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic MTH-30
c'mon lazy paisà! you just need inkscape will and time. ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #8945 by GekoMusic94
Replied by GekoMusic94 on topic MTH-30
My MTH-30 Sketchup Model smiley1 :

P.S.: If you want this Sketchup Model please PM Me!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lonelybabe69

More
13 years 9 months ago #8957 by GekoMusic94
Replied by GekoMusic94 on topic MTH-30
Can i use 14mm plywood or this will affect the performance?

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds