heart MTH-30

14 years 1 month ago #7907 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic MTH-30
TDA Audio has a bunch of TH designs 15" and 12" I believe. and i think Stapier has some too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #7933 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic MTH-30

bitzo wrote: GiveOrTake could you ask for the input screen for HR? Just for addicted to sim like me ;)

[attachment=0:z81hoksy]<!-- ia0 -->MTH-30 simu.gif<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:z81hoksy]

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !
Attachments:

14 years 1 month ago #7934 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic MTH-30

Cudds wrote: give or take, please could you ask the designer for some closer shots of his build? also info on the handles as the placement suggests a 45deg (or similar) corner piece which is not noted on the plans. unless i am missing something?

thanks
mikey

From the designer:

"Concerning the 45 deg:if it is about the "corner pieces" the MTH-30 does not have, 2 opinions:
-some think they are vital
-some think the opposite, as can been witnessed with url=http://www.volvotreter.de/th.htm]http://www.volvotreter.de/th.htm[/url], or with Danley's (which patent doesn't contain any).

My position is that up to a specific size, "corner pieces" can help reduce some velocity trouble.Unfortunately I have not performed test proving it.
One thing is certain though many proven design TH or TQWT seem to perform without the need of any."

-sorry for the approximate translation english is not my mother tongue-

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

14 years 1 month ago - 13 years 3 months ago #7944 by Cudds
Replied by Cudds on topic MTH-30
many thanks give or take! i wil post pics of the 4 i'm building next week.

cheers
mikey

edit...

14 years 3 weeks ago #7982 by wade
Replied by wade on topic MTH-30
Hi all, newb here about to get into this plan.

I need a small light (ish) sub box that has focused, punchy lows for little club type live gigs, and this looks to fit the bill.

Couple issues for me, one specific and one general

1) The driver listed is a UK manufacturer, which creates all kind of problems for me not the least of which is the expense of getting one here, does anyone have an idea what Eminence/JBL/EV/B&C/ etc etc might yield a good result? I have a relationship with B&C, but even then they are still kinda spendy....

2) I note the plans assume a lot of knowledge that I don't have. I'm very good with making things work, but I need some place to start in terms of the simple mechanics of building boxes. For example, I know I want to use Baltic Birch, but I don't know if I should be screwing them together or gluing, or where to put the handles, how to finish the box (love to have some sort of coating that would withstand some ass-whipping), jacks mounting, corners/hardware etc etc.

Any pointers?

Thanx - WB

14 years 3 weeks ago #7983 by wade
Replied by wade on topic MTH-30
Found something, whaddya think?

www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=guide

14 years 3 weeks ago #7987 by Cudds
that is a very good guide to get you going. the other option for wood is MDF, although if you plan on touring and having crew fling your boxes on and off trucks regularly then birch is the answer.
regarding the driver, PD have distributors world wide so it may be possible to get the 12sb30 where you are.
screwing and glueing is a must, read that guide you posted carefully and it will give you all the info you need to build this box.

14 years 3 weeks ago #8040 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic MTH-30
hi all,
just a quick sketch...

and an akabak sim

14 years 3 weeks ago #8041 by Cudds
cool! any idea what this does to excursion?
i like the idea of the modular horn although you are doubling the size of the box for a little more low end response. makes it not so compact anymore. would multiples couple like FLH's, or does this remain a typical tapped horn?

14 years 3 weeks ago #8042 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic MTH-30
Nice bitzo, i happen to have two of these cabs sitting around.....and some extra wood.....maybe some time. I like this because you can stack a commercial 12" or 15" Midtop on top, and this raises it a bit more, and we don't have to use those silly tripod stands