heart MTH-30

9 years 6 months ago #7722 by Cudds
Replied by Cudds on topic MTH-30
give or take, please could you ask the designer for some closer shots of his build? also info on the handles as the placement suggests a 45deg (or similar) corner piece which is not noted on the plans. unless i am missing something?

thanks
mikey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #7777 by ravs
Replied by ravs on topic MTH-30
hi give and take

could you please post hr inputs. i want to try it with my 12

thanks

ravs

be a vegeterian

9 years 6 months ago #7779 by MAutopsy
Replied by MAutopsy on topic MTH-30
Just got the panels cut for two, start assembly tomorrow. I Will try to get some pictures up. One question tho- is the polarity reversed for drivers in this cab?

9 years 6 months ago #7786 by MAutopsy
got one done, sounds good
BTW- those cheap cheaplights.com drivers work well.

9 years 6 months ago #7787 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic MTH-30
I'm jealous, too cold to build still. Brr

9 years 6 months ago #7845 by MAutopsy
Nicky- It's cold here in michigan too... gotta build in the basement when the kids are gone.

TO THE DESIGNER- GREAT CAB DESIGN!!!

I have built a pair of these and loaded them with some cheaper drivers, these to be exact-> http://www.cheaplights.com/cart/page81.html (the first 12" on the page).
I tested one after i got it together and was impressed, then i built the other and was pretty much amazed.
This pair was not only louder than my 18 reflex cabs, but also much clearer and more defined. I am not a math whiz, nor do i know how to use most of these modeling programs, but this driver seems well suited in this cab. (TS parameters are impossible to get, have tried for weeks, and i dont know how to get my own.)

Plan on building two more, as i have another pair of these drivers.

thanks to the designer!

9 years 5 months ago #7899 by lenny b
Replied by lenny b on topic MTH-30
would really love to build 4 of theese for hire outs.can only afford cheap drivers to though so i'm gonna try either fane sovereign 12 -500 lf or 12 -300,although the 300 has the closer paremeters to the pd strangely.i thaught it would have been the other way round.was a bit scared of building them and putting wrong drivers in but after what you said mautopsy i can't wait.will post pics and you tube vids when finished.bigup!!:@)

9 years 5 months ago #7900 by MAutopsy
it seems that it is a very forgiving design ,and a range of drivers might work. Very easy build, home depot did all my cuts, and assembles very easy.

9 years 5 months ago #7903 by sonicxtasy
Replied by sonicxtasy on topic MTH-30
Out of curiosity how would it work if you increased the entire cabinet 25% and used a 15" instead of the 12"? Longer horn path should go lower. Could someome work it out and sim it in hornresp. I assume that it would only work well with the right driver but it might be worth the test.

9 years 5 months ago #7904 by Tony Wilkes
Replied by Tony Wilkes on topic MTH-30

SonicXtasy wrote: Out of curiosity how would it work if you increased the entire cabinet 25% and used a 15" instead of the 12"? Longer horn path should go lower. Could someome work it out and sim it in hornresp. I assume that it would only work well with the right driver but it might be worth the test.

There are already designs available for 15" drivers just do a google.

Tony