MTH-30

More
12 years 6 months ago #15500 by goodgroove
Replied by goodgroove on topic MTH-30
Are the JBL 2206 and JBL 2204 speakers suitable for this cab as I have a number of these spare?Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #15765 by Truckinve
Replied by Truckinve on topic MTH-30
We just build a MTH30, the only thing that is not finished is the paint , we will go for a latex one as this box is going to be on a fixed location on a pub and I need a different color than duratex.

Initial impressions:

-First and most important: This will be a very good first time build or if you have been a looong time out of woodworking smiley20 .
- For the size its very loud we were pretty amazed when you find the right spot and in this bar was a real pain.
- Clean bass this little beast will outperform most of the installs around the area.
- Only thing to check is be careful when using the PD Sb30 driver, if your using the 8 concealed holes be careful when punching them, use a big needle or whatever sharp object as you can damage the surround of the driver.
- And for gods sake dont use DM panel for mobile installs. We used it for the fixed but we dont want anyone moving this thinking is a chair.... :think:

The install consist in 8 LD coaxial boxes around the pub, sound was OK (after EQ) whitout the sub but the amps were working pretty hard at the most populated hours, so we decide for this sub and what a difference!, after running all the system thru a DSP processor and after test the MTH30, we were like :shock: , the amps were working at 20 or 30%?¿ hitting inside 80db (local law), and the SQ was very very nice.

Oh and some pics soon!

Big thanks to the designer and the Freespeakerplans users :-D

More
12 years 3 months ago #16274 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic MTH-30
Hi all,
I simmed the cab loaded with rcf mb12g301. I took care of the negative expansion created by the driver protruded into the horn mouth.
[attachment=1:380a5bpo]<!-- ia1 -->mth30sim.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:380a5bpo]
seems that a kick isn't needed but don't drop so low, it's a 2pi placement btw.
So.... I put some dogleg like in the apache sub, loaded with same driver
[attachment=0:380a5bpo]<!-- ia0 -->apache12sim.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:380a5bpo]
now it drops 10hz lower and is smaller. -10 cm tall -5 cm deep.
now it needs a proper kick section :)
Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago #20119 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic Re: MTH-30
have anyone have a modify plan for the mth-30 in 18mm plywood where an at i cant find 15mm
thanks

More
10 years 6 months ago #20634 by anthonytutton
Replied by anthonytutton on topic MTH-30
Hi, I too would like to use 18mm ply, can anyone help with the measurements?
The following user(s) said Thank You: t.geessounds

More
10 years 4 months ago #20841 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic MTH-30
anybody??

More
10 years 1 month ago #21484 by Vanheeske
Replied by Vanheeske on topic MTH-30
Hello,

I'm also looking for 18 mm plans, c'mon anyone?

More
9 years 8 months ago #21928 by colinuk
Replied by colinuk on topic MTH-30
I have drawn this up in Sketchup using 18mm board. If anyone is interested the file is in the 3d warehouse. I have not simulated, built or tested it. If you do, please share the results.

More
9 years 8 months ago #21931 by t.geessounds
Replied by t.geessounds on topic MTH-30
am up for the building test
my email is
jegeban@yahoo.com
thanks

More
9 years 6 months ago #22166 by fellamelad
Replied by fellamelad on topic MTH-30
Hi i have built an MTH-30 using 18mm MDF and just sized up the cab by working out the internal measurements and working outwards if you know what i mean , in other words the whole cab is 6mm wider 12mm deeper and 9mm higher , i think that was right but i could just measure up the cab .
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds