file REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

9 years 4 months ago #13514 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

levyte357 wrote:

NITZ V1505 wrote: Kanwar/ Xmax have you ever considered a monoblock version of your 10Kw amp so its in 2 halves ?


Yes man... smiley20 (Really need to read more of the forum)..

3U mono-block, delivering 4K at 2 ohms, with 4x speakons.

If it could deliver rated output continuously with 50hz sinewave input, without overheating or thermalling, would do well in UK Roots Circles.

Would need pile of smoothing though, allowing it to still perform on saggy mains like jts mono-blocks.

EDIT:
Would half the 10K amp in 2 ohm monoblock form weigh about 32kg !? :P
What would price be ?
Exciting... :lol:


Lev,

The new version will incorporate lightwieght and all the features you have mentioned 4X speakons[if 2ohms model only], 20Hz sinewave ready, 1.5 X SMPS rating of amp power. Better thermal headroom than this previous class-H.
We shall nick name this as Project Welder smiley20

But the price will touch one bar above due to overrated components and this is where people back off usually.

The current dual mono amp is about 52kgs, so single monoblock would be around 30kgs :lol:

Didn't you saw the bank of 36 X 18000MFD/65V caps........

Can you shed more light on ROOTs Pre-amp[read somewhere on the forum]



Kanwar
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13515 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

Kanwar wrote:
Lev,

The new version will incorporate lightwieght and all the features you have mentioned 4X speakons, 20Hz sinewave ready, 1.5 X SMPS rating of amp power. Better thermal headroom than this previous class-H.
We shall nick name this as Project Welder smiley20

The current dual mono amp is about 52kgs, so single monoblock would be around 30kgs :lol:

Didn't you saw the bank of 36 X 18000MFD/65V caps........

Can you shed more light on ROOTs Pre-amp[read somewhere on the forum]

Kanwar


Greetings K.

How could I forget the illustrious 36x caps... :lol:

A few people are asking me, would you do a torroidial 5K monoblock version !?

Would it have 18x pieces of smoothing caps !? :o

Regarding Pre-amp, Ren/TweeterBox would be the experts on those..

Would say, for pre-amp compatibility, your mono-block amps might need switchable sensitivities of: 1.44V, 2.88V, 5.76V

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13516 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

Greetings K.

How could I forget the illustrious 36x caps... :lol:


:mrgreen: Yeah enormous power reservoirs

A few people are asking me, would you do a toroidal 5K monoblock version !?

Would it have 18x pieces of smoothing caps !? :o


Depends on how many people want it, it could be made on order basis. No worries on Caps. smiley20

But again shipping cost and weight. smiley13

Regarding Pre-amp, Ren/TweeterBox would be the experts on those..

Would say, for pre-amp compatibility, your mono-block amps might need switchable sensitivities of: 1.44V, 2.88V, 5.76V


Okz smiley1



Cheers,
Kanwar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13517 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

Kanwar wrote:

Depends on how many people want it, it could be made on order basis. No worries on Caps. smiley20

But again shipping cost and weight. smiley13


Surely shipping 32kg from India to UK not much more than China?

Do you have anything in production similiar to 5K torroidial mono-block?

Would it be much more expensive to add Voltage Supply/Current draw meters ? :o

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13518 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

levyte357 wrote:

Kanwar wrote:

Depends on how many people want it, it could be made on order basis. No worries on Caps. smiley20

But again shipping cost and weight. smiley13


Surely shipping 32kg from India to UK not much more than China?

Do you have anything in production similiar to 5K torroidial mono-block?

Would it be much more expensive to add Voltage Supply/Current draw meters ? :o



Yeah, but more quantity is always good in keeping the cost down.

Currently we are not doing any monoblocks as separate but some custom made installations were done like amplifier in active bass cabinets.

Adding voltage and curretn draw meters won't cost a fortune but surely adds to expense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13519 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

Kanwar wrote:
Yeah, but more quantity is always good in keeping the cost down.

Currently we are not doing any monoblocks as separate but some custom made installations were done like amplifier in active bass cabinets.

Adding voltage and curretn draw meters won't cost a fortune but surely adds to expense.


OK,

Please check feasibility and likely cost of 5K mono-block and PM me.

People I know, would want to see/hear 1x 1st, then consider order numbers.

Would you be ok with supplying circuit diagram/part's list for UK service/repair dudes ?

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13520 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Lev,

Check your PM inbox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13527 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

levyte357 wrote: OK,
People I know, would want to see/hear 1x 1st, then consider order numbers.


Ok Lev,

So how many people here are interested in the concept of MONOBLOCKS.

Kanwar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13528 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

Kanwar wrote:

levyte357 wrote: OK,
People I know, would want to see/hear 1x 1st, then consider order numbers.


Ok Lev,

So how many people here are interested in the concept of MONOBLOCKS.

Kanwar


Hi mate, thanks for pics in email and info.

As with most products, "my peeps" will want to see the following from production unit,

a)external/internal pics of actual amp,
b)measurements/specifications
c)actual cost
d)actual cost of shipping to UK

This is usually enough to convince people to buy unseen amps from China.
When one arrives in UK. People will go to hear it in demo/session, and word spreads from there.

Can tell you now, At least myself, Ren, Tekasis, Saul, TweeterBox, Paulus would be anxious to see all this info.


Cheers.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #13529 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Kanwar please also consider the inrush current and a good soft start design

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum