REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

More
12 years 11 months ago #13423 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
Replied by ΚΔΠШΔЯ on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Shipping is forcing us to do something in making lightweight amps and its going great. SMPS if made 1.5X times power of amp is anyday better than the heavy Toroidal alternative

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13426 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
I guess the real trouble is servicing, I mean you have to ship 2 time to kanwar for repairing.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13427 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ

bitzo wrote: I guess the real trouble is servicing, I mean you have to ship 2 time to kanwar for repairing.

For that we are making the smps in modular form[which no one has did at least in amp], it will ease up the repair process and will really make things easier. In my opinion sending the whole unit back to factory is not an option for us, if we want to sell overseas. Modular construction will surely overcome this issue.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13428 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
smiley20 chapeau! smiley32

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #13466 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Kanwar/ Xmax have you ever considered a monoblock version of your 10Kw amp so its in 2 halves ? Or even a version with the psu seperate? This would enable me to carry the amp in two halves in my suitcases!!!!!!!! And give me a chance to visit the workshop and have a cup of Chai with you guys. smiley20 I normally travel to Punjab when I go to India, where are you guys based?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by NITZ V1505.

More
12 years 11 months ago #13467 by bee
Replied by bee on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

NITZ V1505 wrote: Kanwar/ Xmax have you ever considered a monoblock version of your 10Kw amp so its in 2 halves ? Or even a version with the psu seperate? This would enable me to carry the amp in two halves in my suitcase!!!!!!!! And give me a chance to visit the workshop and have a cup of Chai with you guys. smiley20 I normally travel to Punjab when I go to India, where are you guys based?

a flat pack amp.... smiley36

More
12 years 11 months ago #13496 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ

NITZ V1505 wrote: Kanwar/ Xmax have you ever considered a monoblock version of your 10Kw amp so its in 2 halves ? Or even a version with the psu seperate? This would enable me to carry the amp in two halves in my suitcases!!!!!!!! And give me a chance to visit the workshop and have a cup of Chai with you guys. smiley20 I normally travel to Punjab when I go to India, where are you guys based?

Hi Narinder,

The current 10KW model has the PSU + AMP in one chassis only. To make it lightweight we are working on our next level modular smps, though the Class-D amp is complete now which gives around 4kw/4ohms/channel[continuous sinewave]

You are welcome anytime, we are setup at Indore[MP]. Whenever you visit Punjab, we can meet at Jalandhar[my hometown] smiley1

regards,
Kanwar
Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago #13510 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier
Punjabi massive!!!!!!! smiley20 Jalandhar is not very far from us, we are in the Hoshiarpur district near Mahilpur.
How heavy do you think the smps amps will be? Still tempted to consider shipping in the heavyweight smiley29 smiley36 .

More
12 years 11 months ago #13511 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ

NITZ V1505 wrote: Punjabi massive!!!!!!! smiley20 Jalandhar is not very far from us, we are in the Hoshiarpur district near Mahilpur.
How heavy do you think the smps amps will be? Still tempted to consider shipping in the heavyweight smiley29 smiley36 .

smiley32 Punjabi's everywhere.

The SMPS amplifier will weight worst case max around 10kgs smiley1

Kanwar

More
12 years 11 months ago #13513 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic REAL 2 Ohm, 10KW Amplifier

NITZ V1505 wrote: Kanwar/ Xmax have you ever considered a monoblock version of your 10Kw amp so its in 2 halves ?

Yes man... smiley20 (Really need to read more of the forum)..

3U mono-block, delivering 4K at 2 ohms, with 4x speakons.

If it could deliver rated output continuously with 50hz sinewave input, without overheating or thermalling, would do well in UK Roots Circles.

Would need pile of smoothing though, allowing it to still perform on saggy mains like jts mono-blocks.

EDIT:
Would half the 10K amp in 2 ohm monoblock form weigh about 32kg !? :P
What would price be ?
Exciting... :lol:

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds