Toroidal[Heavyweight] Vs SMPS[Lightweight] amplifiers

More
11 years 11 months ago #18096 by saul
there's not enough proper decent genuine lightweights out there, let alone chinese copies, to even be considering the demise of torroidal amplifiers. And the good ones all cost top $$.

but then that's when we're talking about the scoopists, which let's face it, is an insignificant portion of the global amplifier market.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18097 by levyte357

saul wrote: there's not enough proper decent genuine lightweights out there, let alone chinese copies, to even be considering the demise of torroidal amplifiers. And the good ones all cost top $$.

but then that's when we're talking about the scoopists, which let's face it, is an insignificant portion of the global amplifier market.

Dead right...

But then, some Roots sounds are using FFA, Powersoft & QSC PL9. smiley36

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

More
11 years 11 months ago #18101 by Gee136
The thing most that amazes me all the time our set play out with our SMP lightweights, is plugging into a 13amp supply & powering our bass @ 2ohms with ease "x8 18" Fane XB's" smiley32

It always brings a smile to our faces when others "who we play alongside" are pondering on 32amp supplies to power x4 18" drivers. smiley36

We've got x2 American Audio 6001+ in stock, x2 Charley Destructors "3000 watters" in stock & 1 Yorkville in stock :-D We haven't used them in over 18months @ a event, everyone in our crew is getting lazy!! When we take out the machine, 10 out of 10 times those heavyweights get left in the lock up smiley36

Respect....................... smiley4

More
11 years 11 months ago #18127 by saul

Gee136 wrote: It always brings a smile to our faces when others "who we play alongside" are pondering on 32amp supplies to power x4 18" drivers. smiley36

+1 in general, this is very odd how there seems to be this myth that the type of breaker or fuse will make a difference to the condition of the mains.

Gee136 wrote: The thing most that amazes me all the time our set play out with our SMP lightweights, is plugging into a 13amp supply & powering our bass @ 2ohms with ease "x8 18" Fane XB's" smiley32

fair enough, but i don't think the same could be said for those whose 8x boxes were turbomax 1500m3 / 1200 / pd1851 loaded smiley36

anyway, Everyman ey....

More
11 years 11 months ago #18128 by luton_soundman
Replied by luton_soundman on topic Toroidal[Heavyweight] Vs SMPS[Lightweight] amplifiers
i miss the days we would hang 6 XB scoops off of a peavey cs4000 with el cheapo extension power cables and thin speaker cable and never had any problems smiley16

More
11 years 11 months ago #18129 by nickyburnell

luton_soundman wrote: i miss the days we would hang 6 XB scoops off of a peavey cs4000 with el cheapo extension power cables and thin speaker cable and never had any problems smiley16

:clap:

AND if the van didn't start it could be fixed in 5 mins.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18130 by saul

nickyburnell wrote:

luton_soundman wrote: i miss the days we would hang 6 XB scoops off of a peavey cs4000 with el cheapo extension power cables and thin speaker cable and never had any problems smiley16

:clap:

AND if the van didn't start it could be fixed in 5 mins.

lol reminds of having to tape up a split fuel pipe on a transit with vulcanizing tape to reach a dance in birmingham

• ΚΔΠШΔЯ
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 years 10 months ago #18244 by ΚΔΠШΔЯ
VISIT US AT
PALM Expo 2012
May 24-27 2012
New China International
Exhibition Centre, Beijing China
Hall E1 Stand E24

Zypher Labs, India

Audinium series, lightweight Class-D amplifiers.
Attachments:

More
More
11 years 10 months ago #18247 by levyte357

Kanwar wrote:
http://www.freespeakerplans.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1146&t=1

Welcome back Kanwar, what are the specs on this beast ?

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds