Eminence 18 Scoop

More
13 years 5 days ago #13034 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

levyte357 wrote:

nickyburnell wrote:

bitzo wrote: on other side if you don't share a design, other people can't make money with it. Just remember what happened to Staipe with ms 18 mk3. So IMHO I have to share my knowledge but not what I produce from that. I mean... share how to fish not the fish.

What actually happened to Staip/MS18?

Is that the one where some Indian dude came on here saying he built and sold 40 of them, and people were loving it? smiley36

Just think, it wasn't till Myself and Tekasis told Mykey about Mini scoops and what size they should be, then he designed Rhino, then Staiper designed MS, then ...

However I'm finding out behind the scenes, without it mentioned on forums, some speaker builders have been making mini scoops for years...

If the Wembly cab can be classed as a scoop, he must have been one of the early ones.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 days ago #13041 by BassXmax
Replied by BassXmax on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

levyte357 wrote:

nickyburnell wrote:

bitzo wrote: on other side if you don't share a design, other people can't make money with it. Just remember what happened to Staipe with ms 18 mk3. So IMHO I have to share my knowledge but not what I produce from that. I mean... share how to fish not the fish.

What actually happened to Staip/MS18?

Is that the one where some Indian dude came on here saying he built and sold 40 of them, and people were loving it? smiley36

Just think, it wasn't till Myself and Tekasis told Mykey about Mini scoops and what size they should be, then he designed Rhino, then Staiper designed MS, then ...

However I'm finding out behind the scenes, without it mentioned on forums, some speaker builders have been making mini scoops for years...

very true mate smiley32

More
13 years 4 days ago #13092 by NITZ V1505
Replied by NITZ V1505 on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

Tony.A.S.S. wrote:

levyte357 wrote: However I'm finding out behind the scenes, without it mentioned on forums, some speaker builders have been making mini scoops for years...

If the Wembly cab can be classed as a scoop, he must have been one of the early ones.

The Wembley B line cab has an identity issue,i.e. cant decide weither its a mini scoop or a reflex. The top half of the design is very scoopish with the port or mouth of a reflex. The first time I saw a Shortman mini scoop I honestly thought it was a modded wembley cab with a bigger mouth :oops: . With what I have seen of the internals of the shortman mini I am begining to think I wasnt far wrong to start with smiley2 .

More
13 years 4 days ago #13095 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic Eminence 18 Scoop
Indecision runs in the company. Paul can't decide whether he's human or a Womble.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
13 years 4 days ago #13097 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

Tony.A.S.S. wrote: Indecision runs in the company. Paul can't decide whether he's human or a Womble.

He will NEVER live that down.

Just walk in there wistling underground/overgrond and get 20% added. smiley8

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds