file Eminence 18 Scoop

12 years 11 months ago #12668 by saul
Replied by saul on topic Eminence 18 Scoop
smiley36 smiley36 smiley36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #12691 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

nickyburnell wrote: Did this once.
was great[attachment=1:q4j7teuw]<!-- ia1 -->untitled.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:q4j7teuw]

very deep at all. height 80cm, dept 66 cm from baffle
[attachment=0:q4j7teuw]<!-- ia0 -->miniemi.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:q4j7teuw]
from exterior seems a b&c sub 18 but drops really lower.
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #12971 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

nickyburnell wrote: OK 636.

MDF time soon (cough, splutter)

Hi all, after much soul searching I'm going to have to back out of prototyping this.

Couple of reasons: One I really cannot justify going four way for myself, three way is fine for me, I like it.
Secondly, I really do feel the, "secret" nature of conversations about design, don't tell people, keep it to yourself sort of thing is really out of place
on this particular forum. The idea was to share.
This is in no way personal at all, I know it is the nature of clash, it is a competition, but I am not part of that. This is Free Speaker Plans and I feel the whole secrecy thing
is out of place whan people such as Cubo, Marc O, Hugo and others openly share. Secrecy I fear will keep raising it's head in Scoopism.
I am completly guilty of still using the other side, this being mostly for the for sale bargains, something I need to address as of now, especially in the light of Lev's treatment etc.

Like I said, nothing personal, just me trying to be more spiritual, the Reggae scene is alive, vibrant and has much to be proud of.

I shall be spending the summer building some of the free plans on here that can be used three way.

Saul, get yer saws out :lol:

12 years 11 months ago #12973 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

nickyburnell wrote: Secondly, I really do feel the, "secret" nature of conversations about design, don't tell people, keep it to yourself sort of thing is really out of place
on this particular forum. The idea was to share.

Nick, can understand your point of view.

Spiritual side of reggae, yet secret/competitive nature of scoop designs associated with it is a paradox.

Blame it on money.
When someone comes up with a design that is special, they keep it secret so they can make money, either as box shifters, or more gigs for crews..

Just life really.. Still, many ideas discussed here, that enable building of high performance scoops.

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

12 years 11 months ago #12981 by bitzo
on other side if you don't share a design, other people can't make money with it. Just remember what happened to Staipe with ms 18 mk3. So IMHO I have to share my knowledge but not what I produce from that. I mean... share how to fish not the fish.

12 years 11 months ago #12993 by nickyburnell

bitzo wrote: on other side if you don't share a design, other people can't make money with it. Just remember what happened to Staipe with ms 18 mk3. So IMHO I have to share my knowledge but not what I produce from that. I mean... share how to fish not the fish.

What actually happened to Staip/MS18?

12 years 11 months ago #12994 by levyte357
Replied by levyte357 on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

nickyburnell wrote:

bitzo wrote: on other side if you don't share a design, other people can't make money with it. Just remember what happened to Staipe with ms 18 mk3. So IMHO I have to share my knowledge but not what I produce from that. I mean... share how to fish not the fish.

Is that the one where some Indian dude came on here saying he built and sold 40 of them, and people were loving it? smiley36

Just think, it wasn't till Myself and Tekasis told Mykey about Mini scoops and what size they should be, then he designed Rhino, then Staiper designed MS, then ...

However I'm finding out behind the scenes, without it mentioned on forums, some speaker builders have been making mini scoops for years...

\"When in Vegas, do as the vegasians do\".

12 years 11 months ago #12995 by nickyburnell
First ones I saw were when Darryl Hayden (Twickenham) chooped the bottom off his 4520's

12 years 11 months ago #12998 by bitzo

levyte357 wrote:

nickyburnell wrote:

Is that the one where some Indian dude came on here saying he built and sold 40 of them, and people were loving it? smiley36

sold 54 and already built 100 at the time he said that.

12 years 11 months ago #13032 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Eminence 18 Scoop

levyte357 wrote:

nickyburnell wrote:

Just think, it wasn't till Myself and Tekasis told Mykey about Mini scoops and what size they should be, then he designed Rhino, then Staiper designed MS, then ...

However I'm finding out behind the scenes, without it mentioned on forums, some speaker builders have been making mini scoops for years...

speak to trev, he knows where there are quite a few red ones that were built by a guy from the US that lived in Leytonstone, but not as mini as MINI, more like the size of the Bull-x
we're talking early to mid 1980's