heart Cubo 18

10 years 4 months ago #20791 by matthew123
Replied by matthew123 on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo,

I am considering in building a pair of bass cabs for small dj party events so a near feild warm punchy sub sound is what I am looking for is your design suitable for this.

I have some old wembley b line 18 inch woofers I bought from new many years a go they have never been cained and are in very good condition 500 watt rms 1000 watt peak 8 ohm.

Would these work in your cab ok. I dont really want to buy new drivers but I have been told that bms drivers are very good if I need to buy new.

What do you think is the best suited.

Please can you advise me.

Cheers,

Matthew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #20792 by majccco
Replied by majccco on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo
Im interesting in Cubo 18 cabinet and i have 2pc 18sound 18nd9300 and 2pc beyma 18G50 will it play well?
Now I have these drivers loaded in Beyma SB18 cab, sounds litle good but it seems not optimal combination driver-cabinet
genre will be house,funky, sometimes live rock band
sorry for my terrible English :lol:
Thank you

10 years 4 months ago #20793 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
@MattMoon: The STX is indeed a strange driver, not all the parameters seem to line up with each other. Now that either means I still have things to learn about driver parameters or it's a kinda fishy driver, or at least it's documentation. That doesn't mean that it isn't a good driver and I think it will work in either Cubo Sub or Cubo 18 Extended (I mean most 18" do) but I don't like it's fishy parameters.

As for phase plot, the only one I know of is a PD.154 in Cubo 15 Extra Extended, non Cubo 18's to my knowledge.

The high Le suggests a low crossover might be best, something like 80 Hz..

@Matthew123: The Wembley B Line has similarities to the Cubo design. Assuming the driver you mention was optimised for that design, would suggest it will also work in a Cubo 18 and than probably the Extended version. Warm and punchy is how I would describe most (but not all) Cubo 18's I've encountered or heard about.

BMS drivers are a fine quality, if a driver with good suiting T/S-parameters is available, it's a good choice.

@Majccco: If one would look at the parameters of Cubo Sub, Cubo 18 and the SB18 and the parameters of the mentioned drivers. I would say the 18ND9300 is best at home in either Cubo Sub or Cubo 18, whilst the 18G50 is best at home in Cubo 18 Extended or the SB18. So I think the 18ND9300 will sound better in a Cubo Sub or Cubo 18 than it will in the SB18, but it would also make me think the 18G50 sound will not improve that much when placed in a Cubo 18.

IIRC. Cubo 18 goes a bit deeper than the SB18 and will be flatter in response at the cost of some output, 1 -2 dB centered at 63 Hz for the SB18.

Best regards

Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattMoon

10 years 4 months ago #20815 by Lino
Replied by Lino on topic Handgrips in Cubo 18
Hi All! Building the cubo i just realized that, maybe could be a problem to hole one of the walls of the cubo in order to put a handgrip? Maybe is better just to glue it and not to make a hole?
I know that is not so much, but i want to put 2 handgrips, and it would be like 2 or 3 liters ( witch i have to rest to the total volume liters), and even maybe the total strenght of the cube could be reduced...

Im thinking about this one, any suggestions¿

www.thomann.de/es/adam_hall_3402.htm

Thanks to all!

10 years 4 months ago #20817 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Handgrips in Cubo 18
The difference in volume will not be a problem. The difference in strength will not be a problem but you can place wooden "caps" at the back of the handle to strengthen the cabinet if you feel like it. In any case just make sure that the handles are "air tight".

Best regards

Cubo

10 years 4 months ago #20825 by bhong_tamayo
Replied by bhong_tamayo on topic Cubo 18
Hi all, whats the difference if the magnet is out and magnet inside the chamber? Thanks in avnce

10 years 4 months ago #20827 by Cubo15
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregJenkinsPro

10 years 2 months ago #21303 by GregJenkinsPro
Replied by GregJenkinsPro on topic Cubo 18
I plan on building a few cubo 18s . I dont have any 18s laying around except a few drivers from a set of Behringer VP1800S. Will that work at all? What really cheap drivers would you recommend?

10 years 1 month ago #21356 by Cubo15
Because the VP1800S is a medium sized reflex cabinet, I think the driver will do fine in a Cubo 18 Standard. So if you want a cheap driver that would be my first choice, but then again I'm not into recommending really cheap drivers ;)

I would rather advise you to save your money and buy some decent 4" VC (or larger) 18" drivers. Till that time I'm pretty sure the 18" Behringers in Cubo 18 will be satisfactory.

Best regards

Cubo

10 years 1 month ago #21361 by Lino
Replied by Lino on topic Cubo 18
HI Cube and all! i just finished my cube18, and i want to start next week with a couple of boxes for a couple of 12''.
Im thinking about to build a mt130 or a mt121, i think is almost the same, but what you think about? it will work good with the cube18?

Thanks to all, i cant wait to hear the cube!!