Cubo 18

More
10 years 1 month ago #21550 by gfoster
Replied by gfoster on topic Cubo 18
HI,

So looking at this thread the following driver will be ok? P-Audio IMF-HP18B any ideas yet what tops will work better with them?

Gareth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #21555 by weloveit
Replied by weloveit on topic Cubo 18
Would you recommend 4 cubo 18's or 2 15's and 2 18's

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #21578 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo 18
@Weloveit: Magnet in or out notroubleit.com/kunena/38-hosted-plans/9...ubo-18?start=10#9903

@Tgeessounds: That looks good, so I hear it's another one for the list of builder-approved-drivers?

@Gfoster: I consider pretty much all drivers with a stamped steel frame as budget-drivers. In this a case a 4" VC budget driver that will work best in Cubo 18 Extended. I always wonder about the class of drivers that has everything a good driver needs but than doesn't seem to have the flux left to get the Qts down to European standards. Seemingly as a counterbalance the Vas is relatively low. Both Qts and Vas negatively influencing sensitivity, apart from that it will work.

@Weloveit again: This goes for pretty much any group of cabinets you build that will play the same frequency range: All the same, looks best, works best.

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #21580 by hazzbo
Replied by hazzbo on topic Cubo 18
Hello, does anybody have CNC plans for cubo 18's extended? we have a machine and would like to make X8 cubos for personal use down in Cape Town.

Made two Cubo 18's with fane 18xb's thrilled.

my email - harry@boden.co.za

More
10 years 1 week ago #21596 by Knobs100
Replied by Knobs100 on topic Cubo 18
I built 5 cubo 15 a couple of years ago and put eminence cappa pros and they sound pretty good especially inside. I can get 4 JBL 18" neo speakers that came out of vertec boxes for $100 each. I was thinking of building 4 cubo 18 to go along with the 15. I can run them on different Crown XTi amps and cross them a little different if I need to. My question is will 4 of the 18 give me the thump I am looking for live music outside or do I need to look at a horn loaded W cab

More
10 years 1 week ago #21607 by MattMoon
Replied by MattMoon on topic Cubo 18
Hi Cubo again.
Finnaly i made a few cubo18s ex, with a strange STX driver stx.pl/sw-stx-18-4-1300-8-f-s-mc.html .
Im quite happy because performance is very good, and value ratio is excelent (driver for 100E). Now I have ask. If I play magnet inside horn and positive wireing how much i need delayed BR to make a phase correct. And if I play in the same way but in negative wire I need delay?
Regards

More
10 years 6 days ago #21612 by Cubo15

I built 5 cubo 15 a couple of years ago and put eminence cappa pros and they sound pretty good especially inside. I can get 4 JBL 18" neo speakers that came out of vertec boxes for $100 each. I was thinking of building 4 cubo 18 to go along with the 15. I can run them on different Crown XTi amps and cross them a little different if I need to. My question is will 4 of the 18 give me the thump I am looking for live music outside or do I need to look at a horn loaded W cab

Afaik there are different 18" models in different Vertec-subs. Since most of them seem to be high powered drivers, as opposed to the Kappa Pro's, I expect them to have lower power compression and higher power handling, so two reasons to expect them to go quite a bit louder than the Kappa's.

Only you can decide if they will thump enough, as I have no reference to what you consider to thumb enough. But if you want them to thumb beyond 20 - 30 meters, the W-bin's are a better choice, tho you might find there are better designs out there as the W-bin's aren't exactly going low.

Finnaly i made a few cubo18s ex, with a strange STX driver stx.pl/sw-stx-18-4-1300-8-f-s-mc.html.
Im quite happy because performance is very good, and value ratio is excelent (driver for 100E). Now I have ask. If I play magnet inside horn and positive wireing how much i need delayed BR to make a phase correct. And if I play in the same way but in negative wire I need delay?

Personally I don't correlate negative or positve wiring to different amounts of delay. Positve or negative wiring can end up, better in phase with your tops (and that is dependant on your tops, not your bass cabinets).

Delay in general anywhere between 1 - 5 msec, tho most Cubo-teers don't use delay, whether they have the option or not ;)

Best regards

Cubo

More
10 years 6 days ago #21615 by Knobs100
Replied by Knobs100 on topic Cubo 18
Do you prefer speakers facing out or in. i cannot hear a difference with the naked ear

More
9 years 11 months ago #21658 by Cubo15
I like to base whether the driver faces in or out based on the specific driver parameters. As a rule of thumb with the magnet in the chamber gives slighty lower tuning, while the driver facing out gives most output.

Best regards

Cubo

More
9 years 11 months ago #21682 by kiz77
Replied by kiz77 on topic Cubo 18
Hello @Cubo, I am going to making a pair of these very soon for a nice low end, i have two drivers in mind, the P-Audio E-18ELF Or The RCF LF18G401, Which would you recommend?

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds