cubo 12

More
3 years 4 months ago #24740 by puzo
Replied by puzo on topic cubo 12
Hi 

Thanks for the reply. do you have any recommendations for an 8phm amp that could be used with a single cubo.

thanks. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #24742 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 12
I would go one of two ways with this:

- A single multichannel amplifier that powers the Boominator and the Cubo, i.e. www.soundimports.eu/en/sure-electronics-aa-ab33184.html
- A separate amplifier for the Boominator ( www.soundimports.eu/en/dayton-audio-dta-2.html ) and the Cubo ( www.soundimports.eu/nl/sure-electronics-aa-ab31191.html )

Regardless which way you go, don't forget about good processing, a high pass for the Cubo @ 40 - 50 Hz is going to extend your battery time and/ or increase your Cubo 12's output, same goes for the Boominator which I would probably cut around 80 - 100 Hz.

Cubo
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Cubo15.

More
3 years 4 months ago #24753 by puzo
Hi, thanks for the info, the amp arrived today, the box is cut.  Ben tapping it together to see how it fits and best build process.

Im about to start on the cubo kick 12 to support it.  Do i need a seporate ampfor the kick or can i utilise the cubo 12 amp.

The amp i brought is a 1 x 300w 2ogm amp.  I will be using a minidsp for frossovers and limiting.

Can i use the minidsp to HP at 50hz and LP at 250hz and then have a seporate HP and LP filter in each box respectively so they cross over around 110hz (if appropriate).  The link both speakers for a 4ohm load?   or is another amp on the list?

A forty something raver with small kids leaves me little time to be around big set ups anymore, but my 4yr old loves little synths and with this little amazingly power set up, it will alow me and the boy to annoy the hell out of people in the park.  thanks

More
3 years 4 months ago #24754 by Cubo15
If I would have known about the Cubo Kick, I would have suggested a 2 channel amplifier. Passive crossovers use up halve the energy going to them and since bass uses most energy in a sound system, you're basically halving your battery capacity. Going active, bass and kick can be used mono (summed) on one MiniDSP channel each. Leaving you two channels for stereo from the Boominator Micro.

I'm sure a Cubo 12 and Micro will already annoy the hell out of people playing synths, add a Cubo Kick and it's a party!

Cubo

More
3 years 4 months ago #24755 by puzo
Thanks for quick reply,

The cubo kick was irresistable when i spent some time looking into speakers.  Without much research i was sold on the cubo 12, its such a good package, be silly not to have one, even after looking into nearly all freely avaible plans, and theres quite a lot, i still love it. 

It wasnt my original plan to go any deeper in speakers or sound systems but be to honest its just too tempting not to add the kick.  I think i will go for it and get another amp, house them individually modular style and connect up whats needed when i need it rather than an all in one box.  Boominator standalone, then take the cubo when playing about and the kick for partying

Which stereo amp would you recommend for the cubo12 working with the kick 12.

thanks

aeddon

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #24757 by Cubo15
It's all defined by available voltage really, so these 2 depending on what your maximum and continuous voltage is:

www.soundimports.eu/en/sure-electronics-aa-ab32189.html
www.soundimports.eu/en/sure-electronics-aa-ab32971.html

Or the one mentioned before (2 ch for the Boominator, 1 ch kick, 1 ch bass):

www.soundimports.eu/en/sure-electronics-aa-ab33184.html

Cubo
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Cubo15.

More
3 years 1 month ago #24802 by GG_
Replied by GG_ on topic cubo 12
Cubo 12 whit fane 12-500lf and full range top with fane 12-250tc, really nice sound :)
Ciao from Amsterdam ndsm
Luigi

More
1 year 10 months ago #24995 by jurajk
Replied by jurajk on topic cubo 12
Hi,

I recently resurrected my old halfinator with wondom jab3+ and parkside (lidl) 20V battery. The amp is just too much for the halfinator and with larger batteries, I believe I could use it to power a cubo 12 to add some actuall low end for small parties of max 20 people and background music for our community bicycle workshop. Is there a recommended low power 4ohm driver? The jab3+ can do 100W into 2ohms at 24V.

Or maybe someone has hornresp input data - i can't figure out how to read the from the plans. I could then simulate drivers available in my area...

Thanks!

More
1 year 10 months ago #24996 by Cubo15
When it comes to 4 Ohm PA drivers, often there aren't that many options unless you buy it directly from a (national) dealer (i.e. 18Sound has some options in all price ranges). If you need help deriving HR input parameters, I can give some guidance so you can calculate it yourself.

One freely available 4 Ohm driver is the Eminence Delta-12LFC, that looks like it was designed for low power bass reinforcement. I wouldn't recommend it for regular PA but it's great for low to medium power 12 V PA.

Cubo

More
1 year 10 months ago #24997 by jurajk
Replied by jurajk on topic cubo 12
Thanks for the recommendation mr. Cubo! There is a regional shop that offers various 4ohm B&C drivers - more expensive than the Eminence, but better sensitivity. E.g. the 12CL76 4/OHM should fall in the specs range postend on the plans page, and has 98.5db sensitivity.

Any direction towards doing my own calculations would be a huge help. It's for sure a good exercise to try and do all possible variants and pick the best price/performance ratio.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds