cubo 12

More
7 years 5 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #23876 by Speaker Sol
Replied by Speaker Sol on topic cubo 12
EDIT: Deleted Double post (Kind of) ....
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by Speaker Sol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 days ago #23885 by Speaker Sol
Replied by Speaker Sol on topic cubo 12
Note: I posted this already but it's not appearing in the main thread, not sure why, I must learn to use this forum properly. I have updated the original post since I have made more progress.

Hi Cubo,

Thanks for the reply. I have gotten onto Oberton about Xmech but no respons yet, I will run some sine tests as soon as I get a chance.

I sent you an email, to the address on the plan page, not sure if you got it?

A friend has asked me to build him a pair of bins.
Since he plays more bass orientated music I am thinking the Cubo 12 Mod would be a better option for him. It will be mostly used for home use and small functions.

I am wondering how the Oberton would perform?
Or would a cone with more X-max would be advantages?
Is there a recommended driver for the Cubo Mod

I have not been able to find much information on the Cubo Mod, but from what I read I think it's going to work well for him if I can get the right driver.

I appreciate any feedback.
Many Thanks
Sol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jords

More
6 years 11 months ago #23892 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic cubo 12
How much more bass orientated music are we talking about? Some of the nowadays bass orientated music really likes cabinets diving down to 30 Hz, while Cubo Mod is more of a 40 Hz and up cabinet.

Cubo Mod is the same size as Cubo 12 but with different dimensions, trading maximum output for 40 Hz performance. It will need about 2 times the power to keep up with Cubo 12.

Now it might be a bit boring but a 12" in a reflex cabinet tuned to 30 Hz might be the way to go. The result would be small, going sufficiently low but nowhere near as loud as a Cubo 12 (not even with double the power) Alternatively you could build a Cubo Sub, just wide enough to fit a single Oberton (externally about 35 cm wide). It would still need at least 2 times the power to keep up with a Cubo 12 but give nice rumbling lows (and with a 25 - 30 Hz high pass, safe till ~300 W, with the 12B450).

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jords

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #23893 by Bryan67
Replied by Bryan67 on topic cubo 12
Deleted and re posted on general forem
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Bryan67. Reason: re post on general forum

More
6 years 9 months ago #24001 by ricosound
Replied by ricosound on topic cubo 12
hello everyone

just wanted to share some photos of recently and less recently built speakers ...thanks again to Cubo and the forum community for sharing the knowledge

These are for a fairly portable soundsystem I've been building the last few months. Realized that Cubo 15 was not as portable for me as I initially thought so I'll replace these with 4 Cubo 12.
Adding 2 kicks over Cubo 12 and the mid tops in the picture on top of everything.

Cubo 15 with the SMT are working well now although the Mid Top will sound better if raised in elevation a bit more, so using 2 stacks of Cubo12 and the kicks will help this.

Cubo15 has a JBL 2226H 600W 8Ohm
Cubo 12 B&C 12" PS76 450W 8 ohm
SMT 18Sound 12" MB700 450W 8Ohm with B&C DE250 1" Comp Driver
Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #24066 by nastorrent
Replied by nastorrent on topic cubo 12
Hi,

Another newbie here!

How do you think this driver will perform on Cubo 12?
www.thomann.de/es/the_box_speaker_12_280_8_w.htm
It's dirt cheap and it's reported as it work very good on other horns like MTH-30.

Thanks for your good work Cubo!

More
6 years 7 months ago #24070 by Cubo15
Basically what works well in a MTH-30 will also work well in a Cubo 12. The only drawback is that the Xmax isn't that large (about 5 mm, one way). So good for amplifiers of 300 - 500 W, in combination with a decent high pass.

Best regards Cubo

More
6 years 7 months ago #24082 by nastorrent
Replied by nastorrent on topic cubo 12
OK. Maybe I'll give these a try.
What HiPass would you use? 40-42 Hz @ 24db/oct.?
Talking about any of your Tested Drivers... What power can they safely drive only with Low Pass filter, without Hi Pass? I know it won't be great power, but maybe enough for some situations.
Thanks again. Best Regards.

More
6 years 7 months ago #24087 by Cubo15
That's the thing about using a high pass, you can do without as long as you keep unwanted events, such as a feedback loop, low frequency hum or badly mastered tracks away (etc. etc.). Just anything that goes much below 30 - 40 Hz really. It can go very well for years, it can go very wrong within a couple of minutes. You might hear it, as it can reduce the maximum output, you probably won't notice until it's too late. If you believe in your ability to prevent these things from happening, you could have a shot. I do not believe in myself to be able to prevent these things from happening.

Surely a beefy driver will have less trouble dealing with low frequencies, so that's a path. However, most crossovers have the option, a DSP definitely has, you could even use an Fmod (small in-line high pass).

To quote Alan from the Cubo 15 topic:

For those newbies out there, I highly recommend saving up for a proper sound management system, just makes the word of difference. Took me a long time to find out that spending it in the beginning will save a lot in the long run

I would use any high pass I could my hands on, preferably above 30 Hz but best at 40 - 50 Hz, at 12 - 24 dB/ octave.

Best regards Cubo

More
6 years 4 months ago #24165 by Ketned
Replied by Ketned on topic cubo 12
Hi all,

Just new over here, and busy with preperations for my first complete homemade soundsystem. So I thought i'll show it, maybe somebody can give me any tips and/or tricks.

The plan is:
Cubo 12 loaded with a Beyma 12LX60V2 driver;
Cubo 12 kick loaded with a Beyma 12LX60V2 driver;
SMT loaded with a Beyma 10MC500 & CD10Fe drivers and TD164 horn

I allready started drawing all parts & sheets in AutoCAD so I can easily get the right dimensions & stepfile for cnc cutting.
In these drawings I also made some changes for practical(or design) reasons compared to the original design.
Hope you like it, Cheers!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds