heart Simple Mid-Top SMT 212

11 years 10 months ago #18195 by cravings
Replied by cravings on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
i used 18mm for the sides because i had half a sheet lying around, which was just enough for those, and i got all the rest cut from one sheet of 15mm mdf. the plan does say 15mm.. but from having built these, i'd say definitely make the bottom piece from 18mm.. it's quite a big unbraced piece.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #18201 by cravings
Replied by cravings on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212

11 years 9 months ago #18633 by AOIAUDIO
Replied by AOIAUDIO on topic Re: Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
cravings, how would you say these compare to MT121s?

11 years 9 months ago #18642 by cravings
Replied by cravings on topic Re: Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
haven't actually used them yet at all! been rushed off my feet with stuff. any day now i'll have a play with them. i'm hoping they'll be nicer than the mts for smaller rooms / inside setups.

what's happened my image links?
The following user(s) said Thank You: anjmoor

11 years 9 months ago #18656 by anjmoor
Replied by anjmoor on topic Re: Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
Looking forward to reading about how you think these sound, looking at them as a single I wonder if they could be adapted to take a single 15" as the single 12 in comparison to the HF horn asthetically looks out of proportion. Please do not take that as a put down, I am only a complete and utter novice when it comes to speaker building lol. I would have no idea how to re evaluate all the mods needed for this cabinet to be designed around a 15 but in doing so would this even be possible?

11 years 7 months ago #18789 by deejay skillz
Replied by deejay skillz on topic Re: Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
Hi there, is it possible to use any emminence driver, lets kappa pro 12 and is it possible to have a single driver version of the same! In my country , got acees to RCF and Emminence drivers..

11 years 7 months ago #18872 by anjmoor
do we have anything new on this topic? anyone built and tested? only asking as I may build a pair of these to sit on top of a cubo 15 with an es-15 on the cubo and this design should get the hf up high enough

10 years 9 months ago #20090 by anjmoor
Gonna build one of these next week as a single but with slight adjustment to height for hf panel, I am going to make it smaller in height and fit a different horn to the one shown in pics here, also I am going to test it with the p-audio 200 watt 12" driver and a 1" p-audio cd , may build 4 of these to finish off my small rig

10 years 6 months ago #20576 by king tubby
Replied by king tubby on topic Simple Mid-top SMT212
Hi guys. I am building the full size SMT212. I was wondering about the size of the panel, labeled "H". Would that be sufficient enough to block the phasing problem, between the two twelve inch mids

10 years 6 months ago #20583 by jamieb
Replied by jamieb on topic Simple Mid-top SMT212
Can you explain the nature of the phasing problem please?