Simple Mid-Top SMT 212

More
12 years 7 months ago #15074 by daijin
Replied by daijin on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
Hi, horn section, what kind of driver shall I use with Altec 811b. Is there any other good horn+driver set?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16220 by g6akn
Replied by g6akn on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
Any one using this design in live combat? To quote the other half "It Look Nice" end of teccy conversation. I have always gone for an 8" and a 12" on the Mid section. Anyone using it Live? Small pub or social club type gigs? whats it sound like when its knocked up? and properly finished?

More
12 years 3 months ago #16221 by g6akn
Like one of the earlier comments 15mm ply difficult!

More
12 years 3 months ago #16230 by COZY PILLOW
Replied by COZY PILLOW on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
I have 4 of these with PDN12SB30's and Fane CD250 2" CD's with Fane horn flares and they are awesome. smiley20
The following user(s) said Thank You: king tubby

More
12 years 3 months ago #16239 by g6akn
Thanks Cozy Pillow - thanks for the info Thays what I wanted to here ! My wife wants two co\ they look nice ! end of teccy discussin! I fancied something a bit more helpful either way b4 commiting to a bulid a bit later. Like Mautopsy said 15mm Ply is a bit difficult here and I done fancy the idea of MDF.. 1 I don't like the dust problem... 2) I've never had any luck sealing preping the surface to take a finish (Paint/Glue etc) I might just have to rethink the strategy if I cant find a design in 18mm

More
12 years 3 months ago #16240 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
come on... it's a cab with only six panels. It's easy to adapt to a 18mm thickness.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16241 by g6akn
Hey Bitzo I'm a complete newbie at this I don't mind admitting it so I have to bow to your greater knowledge!Its a bit daunting to someone never done it b4. If it comes together I'll be the first to turn to guys like Cubo and yourself and say Thanks M8 you were right!! I'm willin to learn and have a go, so far I've had Good advicem encouragement and frienliness here! if I ask the "Baby" questions its coz I don't know!! Have a Happy (and healthy) new year and 2012. I will keep you updated! Cheers m8 Have fun Dave and Luz Manila Philippines !!!!

More
12 years 3 months ago #16242 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
With respect, if you are worried about sorting the difference between 15 and 18mm, then a simpler build frst time may be an idea?
There are angles to consider on this one too.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16243 by g6akn
Good point Nicky! I have time to play coz I am retired. so it don't matter but if you got a good one in mind for the numpty point me at it I've not committed yet!

More
12 years 3 months ago #16245 by g6akn
Nicky Better reply for you. Ply 8x4x0.75 is 14.00gbp a sheet I've got to learn! from Ace Hardware to a small backstreet construction supply it is PLYWOOD dont ask or try to specify It is PLYWOOD one product! this ain't the UK with many different grades. cutting is 5 to 10 peso a cut locally on a table saw (8 to 16p/cut) so not over worred I can screw glue seal ok if the panels are square. Like I said Willing to learn/have a go I'm an electrical Tech by trade and a radio ham so just woodwork that is my weakness (if u know a better design I'll Look at it! Cheers/Tnx DAVE B!

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds