Simple Mid-Top SMT 212

More
12 years 3 months ago #16246 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212

g6akn wrote: Hey Bitzo I'm a complete newbie at this I don't mind admitting it so I have to bow to your greater knowledge!Its a bit daunting to someone never done it b4.

Try to re draw it in the original version with a software. If you're able to use cad there's no problem but you can use inkscape too (it's free and simpler to learn). Then make the mod that you need paying attention to keep the internal measures of the horn and of rear chamber.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #16247 by g6akn
Replied by g6akn on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
I have it Bitzo thanks! I'm cuttin me teeth on some cubos at the moment while i'm doin that i can be sourcin ply see if I can find 15mm if not then Inkscape here we come

More
12 years 3 months ago #16248 by mykey-
Replied by mykey- on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
15mm birch 32 pound a sheet smiley20

pm me if you want any

More
12 years 3 months ago #16254 by g6akn
Thanks SMT12. Zhere are you for transport? Luzon, Visayas or National Capitol Region!! HAHAHa theres no way I a, going into Mindanao region at themoment untill the travel advisory is lifted by the embassy in Taguig so Davao city is defo out lol

More
12 years 3 months ago #16255 by g6akn
Hang on a mo... proper ,money, Wheres me calculator.. 65.44 so ..2094 php She gonna go nuts HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I aint done a cut list yet but two should come out of 1 sheet cheers Happy New Year everyone

More
12 years 3 months ago #16270 by g6akn
OK Does the team think. Another 5 construction suppliers today, results as follows 8x4 sheets 10mm = 570peso or 8.56gbp. 18mm = 950peso or 14.42gbp. So we have to adjust the plan unless Ace hqve 15mm/0.5 inch. Initial thoughts. 18mm, construct as plans. If I use 10mm then a lighter cab that may need extra bracing ok for home use but mobile ??? The bracing would affect the chamber volumes and hence tuning/Performance. Any thoughts anyone?? On cost alone then the 10mm option and strengthen it up q bit ! Any thougths fro, the experienced ? Exchang rate correct at time of posting 65.88 Yes I know its DIRE !!!

More
12 years 2 months ago #16444 by Blaize110
Replied by Blaize110 on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212

MAutopsy wrote: tony, would placing the HF section in the middle fix the phase problem you speak of?

Just looking at the design and wondering if either Michael or Tony came to any conclusion about separating the drivers and if it's better/worse?

More
12 years 4 days ago #17400 by joeysub
Replied by joeysub on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
anyone built these with just one driver????

intrested beause there smaller the the mt-130 with a single driver!

smiley20

More
12 years 3 days ago #17411 by cravings
Replied by cravings on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
i'm also curious to maybe build a quick pair of singles of these to try with a single driver. have some bms 12s320 i might have a go with. doesn't look like there's much to building these... need to look into the tuning / port stuff for using singles instead of doubles though.

More
12 years 3 days ago #17412 by bitzo
Replied by bitzo on topic Simple Mid-Top SMT 212
I built 4 singles without comp horn.

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds