The price of Matrix amps

More
14 years 4 months ago #6883 by Sinfinity
Replied by Sinfinity on topic The price of Matrix amps

Jake_Fielder wrote: This will be a very good experiance if its all organised well and potential problems are forseen before the event. Will there be power tests? with clip point measured?

Yes, power tests will have to be done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6885 by GoodTimesTim
Replied by GoodTimesTim on topic The price of Matrix amps
Lets hope nobody asks for Andys website address smiley34

Not even sure if you could find Matrix amps on google if you tried

As i said before Matt good luck but your never going to win people over doing tests like this & in this manner.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6887 by tony.a.s.s.
Replied by tony.a.s.s. on topic The price of Matrix amps
I think, like most people, I guess, is that the most natural sound will come from a reflex cab. However, a good test for the amp will be its reaction to the reactive load from a horn loaded cab.

Peace and goodwill to all speaker builders

More
14 years 4 months ago #6888 by GoodTimesTim
Umm google shows ( typed Matrix amps )
www.blue-room.org.uk/lofiversion ... 15193.html - MORE PROBLEMS
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/amps-4u__ ... 1QQ_fsubZ1 - CAT PICTURES LOL
www.dj-forum.co.uk/lofiversion/i ... t5370.html - MORE PROBLEMS
www.ukslc.org/forum/index.php?to ... 1.msg38367 - SOMEONE SELLING NON WORKING MATRIX AMPS

Why hasn't Andy sorted this out.... come on i'am helping you now by showing you where your going wrong.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6893 by chaudio
Replied by chaudio on topic The price of Matrix amps
I should have updated regarding the fP6400 that died at the amp meet. It too had just blown an internal mains fuse, no other damage done.

More
14 years 4 months ago #6894 by giveortake
Replied by giveortake on topic The price of Matrix amps
i have a question for you Tim what is in it for you? I don't get why you do so much bad publicity for Matrix, where is your interrest? All you shown us is a bunch of old thread (3 and 5 years old) on some forums and an ebay store (like the cat btw).
I don't get why you are so eager to bring the light? is there something else we should know regarding you and Matrix/Andy, that would explain all the bad karma ?

What is your philosophy of life or your creed ?
\"Have a good time, ALL THE TIME\"

Wisdom is better than silver and gold !

More
14 years 4 months ago #6896 by GoodTimesTim
Plenty going on behind the scenes.... He has cost me time, money, business and a few otherthings as well.

How you ever noticed that Andy never replys when someone is have a pop at him and never speaks up for his self ( its always other members doing this for him )

Why ?

Come on Andy cut the bullshit stories that your to busy to talk and tell us the truth about your amps and the problems you & others have.

Waiting ................

More
14 years 4 months ago #6900 by satassfaction
Replied by satassfaction on topic The price of Matrix amps
It's great to see that on this wee-forum the guy who makes Matrix amps makes an effort to contribute!
Good luck to him and all he does.
Yesterday a lush amp came in the post that I won for a mere fifty quid. In its day this brand was a leading British manufacturer of bespoke amps. And this amp would have cost over five hundred pounds a quarter of a century ago! It’s minimalistic appearance is a joy to behold. Turning those volume control knobs is a superb feeling, as they have a subtle click for each calibrated rise in volume.
I look at this UK amp and see simplicity, solidity and were our sound-system culture more mainstream and recognized, an iconic design!
All hail the UK amp makers. For where would the cabinet makers be without them! (Looking to foreign makers).
When my A.S.S systems are up and running I’d like to have them powered solely by British amps if possible, if I find something I like. At present I acquire C-Audios. It’s a shame they’re not in production these days.
If I were in a position of political power with near unlimited funds at my disposal for reasons i don't have time to mention here, but sound equipment featured in the equation for some reason. I would take this design icon to a small British amp making company, tell them to change nothing about its outward construction, but strip out the insides and replace it with five versions. A 2000watt version, a 3000watt version, a 5000watt version, a 7000watt version and a 10,000watt version. None of which would be more than two units tall.
I would obviously see to it the company had the funds to make it so. Sadly such investment from the state, comes to the manufactures of death devices such as new missiles and other morbid crap. Or when our money has to be used to refinance the corrupt banks.
I do not see any point in redesigning the wheel when it comes to speaker cabinets, as I think the best has been done. I do believe radical progression in our industry lies in amplifier design. Electronics is an exponentially rapidly emerging technological manifestation. Whereas speaker cabinet design is about ones individual abilities in carpentry, coupled with prowess in mathematics and physics. I don’t think you’ll see better cabs in our age than what came out of the A.S.S factory.
Whereas with amplifiers it’s a different matter altogether. I’m yet to see a large range of power amps from multiple manufacturers where standard top of the line is a two unit 10k amp. Or 15k two unit amp that can run at 1 ohm
What a joy it would be to be able to power 30K from six units of rack space (3 two unit amps) and not be limited to just one or two manufacturers offering such amps. As personally I’ve peeked at what Void and Infinite offer and I don’t dig their appearance.
It’s a shame that we CURRENTLY live on a world where much of the resources of wealthy nations is dedicated to spending billions of pounds on the latest greatest and most up to datest method to exterminate ever larger swaths of humanity.
There are numerous more advanced worlds in our galaxy than where we live, that left the death destruction and extermination of their planets fellow citizens behind thousands upon thousands of years ago. I wonder what their amps and sound systems are like, as their aptitude with electronics is more than most people can imagine.
Attachments:

More
14 years 4 months ago #6902 by nickyburnell
Replied by nickyburnell on topic The price of Matrix amps
Nice to see some patriotism.
Be careful though. A British amp might well be Chinese through and through. You may have even considered such a beast?
Shame Bernie Ecclestone doesn't share your views. His loyalty to his shareholders, not his country.
Why do people hold money in such esteem? It's only going to take nature to have a little hissy fit and the whole system will be finished.
No one needs more than enough, simple.
Off subject a little, but hey, this thread seems to do that. smiley8

More
14 years 4 months ago #6905 by satassfaction
Replied by satassfaction on topic The price of Matrix amps
Once for a laugh when i saw someone selling an amp on Ebay, with the usual - none of your Chinese made rubbish, attached to the description of their amp, i emailed them with these words: ''I'm from China, why you knock our amps, you no funny!''
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds